1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just ran my first 5k

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by half-fast, May 13, 2012.

1. BlownShovel

X2

Too many kids sitting inside, watching tv, computers and playing games. Poor parenting imo. My kids play outside and by damn help in the yard now and will be mowing, trimming, repairing with me not sitting on their asses.
    Running or any exercise is and will be a part of their life. Not to push them into any sport or parent goal...just to be active. Backyard games are almost a daily routine here.

2. 87turbonotch

Haven't worked on the car in years, but have been running again for almost 6yrs now (turn 35 in oct). Ran CC for a couple years in highschool, then took my twenties off of doing anything productive. But I did my best to keep Anheuser-Busch and Marlboro in business. Sept 07 I quit smoking (was a pack plus a dayer for ~10yrs) and that december ran my first 5K in several yrs came in at 27:11, this past fathers day I ran a 5mi race in 31:28, and hope to be under 19:00 in my next 5K. I'm also running my third marathon on oct 7 and hope to come in around 3:15 or so.

I got back into running to lose the gut/ just get healthier and it's evolved into a lifestyle. I still eat the shit out of some fast food and pizza, but the running counter ballances it.

3. PeteyPete

That's awesome to hear. I keep telling myself I'm going to start running or something to get rid of my guy :/ We'll see. Also, my birthday's in October (12). Gz on a fast 5 mile time.

4. BlownShovel

A friend called yday morning and convinced me to run a 5k just down the road. Selling point was all you can eat pancakes afterwards! 29. Time and many pancakes were achieved !

5. PeteyPete

LOL, I just noticed I said guy instead of gut... erm.. should've been gut :D

6. BlownShovel

Ran a groundhog day 5k this morning. 12*, snowing like hell, windy, and icy. Was a fantastic time! Just a bunch of folks having a good time.

7. half-fast

god bless ha no way you'd get me out there willingly unless there were chicks in bikinis lol

8. ashford

i used to run, but now have a fucked up knee, i had the meniscus removed 3 years ago. i tried running this summer after about 2 blocks i had to stop my knee hurt like a bitch for a week.

when i was in the army i used to run the 2 mile anywhere from low to high 14's i touch hight 13's a few times. the worst run i ever did was a batalion run about 200 people started 26 made it back in formation it took about an hour 20 min. i drove it out with my car afterwards and it was just a ****hare under 10 miles.

9. BlownShovel

They had bonfires, food, drink, fun crowd. Ran into a few old friends as well. Good time.

10. BlownShovel

I hear ya. I basically Joe thiesman'd my leg at the back in the mid 90's. Nothing like having the side of your foot touching your hip while laying on the ground.

So these days I have joint pain but it isn't as bad if i keep them tight by working out. I'm not fast at distance but just try to keep moving. The side to side days are pretty much over lol

11. BlownShovel

12. BlownShovel

13. tbird

sounds like fun

14. BlownShovel

I survived... had a really good time. Other than a calf ripping or something about 4miles in it went well. Just had to keep rolling and tough it out.