1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just ran my first 5k

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by half-fast, May 13, 2012.

1. BreakDancer

HAHA, Can I post the Pic!!!

2. half-fast

be my guest

3. BreakDancer

Gonna be a long 4 miles

0611022105.jpg #ad

0611022105a.jpg #ad

4. XBRED1

Smart Man :2thumbs:

Thats the Major Reason to be looking :chacha:

5. BlownShovel

I ran a 5k yday. First real run in a couple decades. Wasn't ready but signing up forced me to try and get a move on. Amish buggy was the lead vehicle but I never caught it. Felt pretty good and rolled a 28.4 pretty sure I should retire from it now as I truly wasn't within a couple minutes of that when preparing.

6. half-fast

ahahha noooooo you need to get your ass in shape again good work man i havent had the time to get another under my belt lately

7. BlownShovel

A couple test workouts netted 31+ and usually 33. I think it was a good day and maybe some adrenalyn I dunno.

There is a night run/bar crawl afterwards in a fee weeks. I think I might sign up with my wife. No matter how bad she beats me there's beer at the finish line.

8. Mr. Dew

Find a tight ass and try to keep up 8)

9. mustangsrule

Really good time for not running that long, congrats and keep going.

10. tbird

ran a 5k with a buddy this past saturday. It was his first. He started running in May. His time was 27:50. I was impressed with his performance .
    I ran for about a year and my 1st 5k was 31min and some change.

This weekend I ran 23:40.
    Hoping to run a low 23 at the end of september as long as my training gets me there.

11. half-fast

heck a better 60' and you'll be in the 22's haha nice time man

12. PeteyPete

Ran one earlier this summer. Trained for about a month and ran 23:28. Thing was, I ran with a friend who'd trained more but just not told me. I wouldn't quit, but thought I was going to die.

It was easy at first, then I got a cramp in my side, then that went away and I was happy.
    Then I felt like I was going to throw up, then that went away and I was happy again.
    Than I got cold chills and thought I was probably going to kill over at any moment.
    Finally, we saw the finish line and my friend ran away from me like I was standing still, lol.

Anyone see the 10k in the olympics? Those jokers ran 10k in like 26 minutes... :/

13. tbird

Yeh I was rootin for Mo Farrah and Galen Rupp.

That race was awesome!

14. tbird

The elite male marathoners still leave me in amazement. 5:15-5:30 pace with high 4 min surges is common for the top runners. And they do that shit for 26.2 miles.

15. half-fast

Ya pretty sure my body would shut down at the 13.1 at a 12 min pace haha

16. PeteyPete

I'm still amazed everytime I watch the olympics that someone doesn't just pull away and make the other people look like kids. I mean, I get that there are limits to a human's ability and that they are probably approaching that limit, but it still seems like there would be someone that just dominated. Kind of like Tiger Woods when he first went pro.
    But yeah, five minute pace is ridiculous, if only for 1 minute lol.

17. PEARL MUSSIN

My son is 10 and he ran a 5K last weekend, he ran it just under 35minutes. I was really impressed. he was the top finisher in his age group.

Jeremy

18. tbird

:2thumbs:

Just like cars, its good to get them started early.

19. craig6.9diesel

When I was alot younger my dad and I used to run a bunch. He used to do Half Iron Mans and other Triathlons. I remember running low 20s in 5Ks. I did this triathlon one time I came out of the water dead last, after the bike I was in the middle of the pack and after the run I was in 3rd. I could fly back in the day. Now I am 30 and have to do PT test for the military and I dont even want to run the 1.5 miles! LOL, but I am still faster then most the 18 and 19 year old guys though. It pisses me off when young guys fail PT tests.

20. Mr. Dew

My fastest ever 3 mile run in the Marines was about 19:00. About 10 years and 20 lbs later its in the 25:00 range so feel bad. I don't run that much anymore. I'm sure if I tried/cared it would be a little faster than that.

bridal-shoal