1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just finished on3performance install on my cobra. few questions

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by ljinx23, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Unatural

Awesome, glad I could help. :2thumbs: How much boost does it make and how quickly does it spool up? My car would hit 14 lbs in maybe 2-3 seconds.

2. 10secgoal

Awesome. So what's it building to now ?

3. Gen1SVE

If you want to make warped v-band flanges seal... Cut a piece of piping the same size os the material the v-band is welded to, cut a slit down the side and take enough material out so the pice of pipe slips inside one side of the v-band. Make the section about 2"long, weld one end of the sleeve inside the pipe, grind and rough welds. This will make a huge improvement of the sealing area, almost like a slip joint and a v-band. I do this with any warped or cheab v-band assembly for leak free operation. Just a little copper will seal it up good.

4. stangboy86

umm id just cut the pos off and order REAL v bands from rps or similar before going through all that

5. 10secgoal

I've tried that once, but it failed. :(

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

Eloborate?

7. 10secgoal

I tried what Gen1SVE said once on my car for a set I bought for mine a while ago. They made the V-bands width too small, so the collar was hitting flange before tightening them. I welded it up to make it thicker and re-surfaced, inserted the tube and helped, but didn't fix it. Not sure if I rtv'd it to be honest though.