1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just another Fox turbo build :)

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Chris91LX, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nos10racer

Re: Just another Fox turbo build :) (Beware: long ass intro)

car looks really clean. like the red neck skills too :2thumbs:

2. Chris91LX

Working on getting the intercooler mounted. Anybody know if I will have the room to sandwich my trans cooler between the radiator and the intercooler? Looks like it will just push the intercooler out and inch or so.

[​IMG]#ad

3. TwinTrouble

Lookin good Chris!

4. Chris91LX

Thanks Shaun. My build-up will not approach anything near your fabrication skillz (nor need it hopefully), but you have inspired me. :bow: :2thumbs:

5. TwinTrouble

Yeah, well our builds tend to get a little stupid. Good luck, let me know if you need a hand with anything. :welder:

6. Chris91LX

Thanks Shaun, I'll do that. :2thumbs:

Made a little more progress this weekend. Picked up some MSD cut to fit spark plug wires because I have to run the passenger side wires underneath the headers. figured out I only needed 3 with the 90* boots so now I need to order some 120* boots for the rest. :doh: Had a local welder weld in a baffle for the breather on the driver side VC that looks way better than my fabrication of the passenger side. :angel: Thought I had some pics but can't find them right now. Also got some of the miscellaneous engine parts together, starter and the wiring for the O2 sensors and made some progress with the final install of the kit.

Finished up the intercooler install:

[​IMG]#ad

Figured out I couldn't use my old trans cooler without hacking up the front bumper cover so I used a smaller frame rail cooler I saw on another guys build on here:

[​IMG]#ad

Crossover:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Finished up the down pipe:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Hot side complete (mostly):

[​IMG]#ad

Having an issue with the pipe from the turbo to the intercooler, I should have mocked it up before mounting the intercooler, but Brian at BG CUSTOM TURBO is working with me to figure out how to work this out. :2thumbs: I have to say, Brian is the most service oriented vendor I have ever dealt with.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Hope to get some more work done later in the week.

7. Chris91LX

Made a little more progress. The spark plug wires a kicking my ass a little I've screwed up more crimps on the cut to fit wires than I'd care to admit. :doh:

Had to fit the elbow to my TB by heating up one end and squeezing it over the mounting flange:

[​IMG]#ad

Just need some couplers for the MAF:

[​IMG]#ad

Cut the turbo to IC pipe to fit my intercooler location, just have to get it welded up:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. Chris91LX

Had a local welder take care of the y-pipe and intercooler pipe at lunch:

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Found a 47" serpentine belt that seems to fit ok, I may also try a 46.5" belt to see how that works.

[​IMG]#ad

9. Chris91LX

Oh yeah and big thanks to Hemann for hooking me up with the y-pipe and a couple of flow tubes for a great price and Racepartsolutions for a bunch of ancillary fittings, hoses, couplers and other parts. :2thumbs:

10. TwinTrouble

Woah, did someone break into your garage and steal ALL your accesories?!?!?!?! :bah:

11. Chris91LX

No need for A/C or power steering when the scrap never leaves the garage. :D

12. TwinTrouble

Why didn't someone tell me that sooner? Would have saved the Shaunthony's crew a ton of time. Fuck i hate my car/life. :bang:

13. nos10racer

just a few questions.....

1. why you have so many o2 bungs

2. what size is your intercooler pipe ? looks like 2.5

14. Chris91LX

There is a bung for each O2 sensor and one for a wideband.

The intercooler pipe from the turbo to the intercooler is 2.5", the pipe from the intercooler to the intake is 3". That's the way the kit is designed/sold. I think it has to do with the power level I am expecting to achieve.

15. FNFAST

Hey Chris, u have mufflers?? I'm getting rid of my 2 dynomax ultraflows 3" with flowtubes.

16. jaywill

nice build :2thumbs:

17. Chris91LX

Hey Sal, sorry to hear about your motor. :(

I'm planning to run my 2.5" dynomax cat back and see how it works before making any changes.

Thanks

18. nos10racer

well the kit looks awesome and really clean. what are your power goals ? sorry if i missed it. i justed scanned looking at pics

19. Chris91LX

Can't say I have a specific power goal other than to eventually try to hit high 9's in the 1/4. I've trolled these boards for several months and leaned on a few guys I know on here (86 Merc, TwinTrouble, FNFAST as well as Brian at B&G :2thumbs:) to help me decide on the kit and the turbo I went with but I'm not too familiar with turbos yet, this will be a work in progress. I've heard a lot of different opinions about my combo and the power the turbo should be able to make, but I just need to get it running and see what I can get out of it for now. I've heard that I should be able to get 600rwhp out of this combo pretty easy, we'll have to see. :2thumbs:

20. nos10racer

sweet well the car and kit look awesome.

subscribing