1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

junkyard wagon DIY rags to well not riches

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbomalibuwagon, May 15, 2015.

1. turbomalibuwagon

Nothing to report I haven't touched it sense it got cold out fuck it . I figure it'll take a few weekends to button up the swap once mid March yeld over 40s and my garage floor isn't sub zero.

2. pdqwagon

Hope you get back on this soon. Just made my way back to the forums. Starting a few changes to my wagon this week. Not a lot of wagons out there.

3. turbomalibuwagon

Ahhhhhh effing snow just won't quit. FML on a good note I've done nothing but be depressed for 3 months and install the fancy dingle carb bracket from summit. Maybe I'll gain some inspiration. Probably not. Hillbilly managed to build a whole truck wile I was sleeping in the daylight with curtains drawn. So props to him . Bacon seems to have gotten a certain epic s10 to at least cooperative with his left footageness (I don't know if that's even a word but it is now) . So what else did I miss? Man I need a beer a really big one !

4. flyinhillbilly

The want to comes and goes. It sounds like it's on your mind, so I'd venture a guess that progress will be forthcoming shortly.

5. liquidh8

Get that big ass beer and stare at it a bit, then sit in it and make car noises, that what I do, hahaha, then I am motivated.

6. turbomalibuwagon

20160405_125520.jpg #ad

Here is a shot of the fancy carb bracket. Gotta get some cut off wheels and get to the clearance work I've been putting off. Then the headers and turbo can go back in

20160405_125520.jpg #ad

7. Bacon

Preaching to the choir, man. The cold and shitty weather really take it out of me, I could barely muster the give-a-shit to go to work for the past couple months. Then the sun started coming out, and it warmed up a little, then everything didn't seem quite so fucking hopeless. Hang in there, it'll be spring before you know it. Since I can't have a beer with you, I'll just have to have one for you. :cheers:

8. turbomalibuwagon

20160405_154245.jpg #ad

It strikes again

20160405_154245.jpg #ad

9. Bacon

Ugh. To over state the obvious, that sucks. Hang in there, man.

10. ss496

yeah weather in Wisco has really sucked lately

11. turbomalibuwagon

FB_IMG_1460016868678.jpg #ad

Found this fitting

20150901_115147.jpg #ad

Then little peek at the demise of the 305 think it probably had issues when it was parked lol

FB_IMG_1460016868678.jpg #ad

20150901_115147.jpg #ad

12. ss496

hahahah.....yeah I wish it would snow in January and February when I can use it for snowmobiling...

those bearings are fine....they still have the copper on them...lol

13. turbomalibuwagon

Lol just broken in . I like how the tang is stripped off .

14. Bacon

:laughhard:

Nah! Just hit them with a scotch brite! Good as new!

15. flyinhillbilly

I've had some old timers tell me that back in the depression they would use shoe leather for bearings. No idea if it's true or not, but I know from firsthand experience that leather make a magnificent gasket in a pinch.

16. turbomalibuwagon

Well more snow. Tomorrow I'm off to a friends to do up transmission for a different project, one of his not mine but I'm excited about it. Th350 for a driver should be a pretty basic build. Maybe I'll get to the hardware store wile I'm out and get the cutlery to finish cleaning up my little gremlins.

17. turbomalibuwagon

Well my project ended in, not finished. And pissed off the mrs. As I was all day till 10:30 pm lol . You win some you lose some.

I saw the weather forecast for the rest of the week.
    FB_IMG_1460348997364.jpg #ad

Woo-hoo

FB_IMG_1460348997364.jpg #ad

18. flyinhillbilly

Anything over 51% win is acceptable in my book.

19. turbomalibuwagon

I did a little cleaning and grinding on my GITFD brackets and radius the edges needs paint yet . Nothing to write home about. Maybe I can get the rest of the driver's side buttoned up and then it's just that spaghetti pile on the right front to contend with. I gotta do something to have a filter because street car . Hopefully I can det some ruff design and hillbilly or one of you guys can chime in on how to better make it work . Someone who is better than I at metal work or tin work

20. flyinhillbilly

Be glad to help any way I can