1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Its under way! Finally!!!

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by HOTMOPR, Jan 21, 2011.

1. HOTMOPR

I'll do my best on the vid. The cameramom failed saturday. lol As for the bottle vrs boost I like the boost much more right now. I dont have to run it as hard, it pulls alot harder but smoother! That pass that I ran never saw full throttle so its a nasty MOFO compared to my last motor. It was just a 451 with a 200 shot. It launched harder so far but this thing just pulls and pulls. Its gonna be fun!

2. rdakota340

Oh yea your hooked now LOL I was the first time I rode V8 turbo application I laughed all the way down the road and back I said to my self I'm going to build me something with a turbo and found this place and never looked back.

3. HOTMOPR

Well got some new fancy super heavy duty pushrods from Smith brothers! I highly recommend them if you guys need some. I ordered them Monday at 10 am and they were shipped by 3pm monday! Had them in and running wednsday night! They werent cheap though. I have pretty high open spring pressure at 598 pounds. Add the boost and they said must go bigger so they are 3/8 x .145 wall 4130 9.437 long.. Gonna try the 1/8th again tomorrow! I'll try for some video!

4. CUUDAK

Calling Cameramom!!!!

5. HOTMOPR

Well its going well. Today ran a 6.10 at 118 smoking the tires, short shifting and a light launch. I have a oil leak I need to fix I think its the girdle leaking so the motor will have to come out. Its still pushing oil through the turbo as well. I have it restricted down quite a bit. Maybe my drain isnt returning fast enough. I plan on trying to reroute it. So I made 4 passes today for my 20 bucks. :D The first was a squirly tire fryer and the 3 was a tire killer too till the intercooler tube blew off the turbo. I have a feeling the intercooler I have has a bit of restriction because it always blows a pipe off before the IC.. anyways heres run 2 the only decent one still spinnin!
    This is at 7 psi.. :burnout:

&list=UU7hI3JWV5DNY4C6HI7fYEMw&index=2&feature=plcp[/url]

6. Alikazam

Very nice :)

7. CUUDAK

Geez, that damn girdle thing!!! My buddy said to glue it instead of silicone. Thats what he is going to do with mine.

Looks good!!
    :D I bet you were thinking, Ok when is it gonna kick in whoaaaaaa! There it is lol..... Can't wait to see it off the trans-brake in boost!!! 1.60's 60ft?

8. HOTMOPR

I don't even have a brake yet. Probably get one after the Dana goes in. Footbrakin 1.70s lol what kind of glue is he using?

9. rdakota340

Nice run this thing is going to run real good when the boost goes up and 60' comes down what is your goal for boost! :2thumbs:

10. HOTMOPR

To be honest I have no idea. I was thinking 10-12 on pump gas if that's safe then I don't know how high I can go on race gas. Right now I plan staying on pump for awhile at least until I get my Dana built. Poor little 8 3/4 is crying for mercy! Lol

11. CUUDAK

3M Black... I've actually seen them use it on HotRod Tv a few times..

12. rdakota340

3M black and holds up to hot oil?

13. CUUDAK

Holds up to hot coolant! I use it on waterpump replacements and never had a leak.

14. rdakota340

Cool learn something new!

15. HOTMOPR

where do ya get it? I dont think Ive ever seen it..

16. rdakota340

We have it at Napa!

17. HOTMOPR

Cool I'll check my local store. Looks like everything is leaking. Pan, girdle, main and cracked dipstick tube.

18. HOTMOPR

It's already out. Lol

19. CUUDAK

Its actually weatherstriping glue. In a black box usually with all the silicone product at your local parts house. larger beads takes longer to dry so you have a little time. Small amounts dries FAST!

I personally have used it on areas with gaskets but he said it works for flush surfaces too. We'll see. The girdle on his is leak free.

20. 440mark

Ultra gray is pretty bad ass too.Imports use to to seal cases together.They do not use gaskets.I have a smal hole in my oil pan and i smeared it on and it has been like that for over a year.My 440 in my 66 Dart is sealed with it and it does not leak a drop.Been together for four years.
    I swear by it.