1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Its under way! Finally!!!

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by HOTMOPR, Jan 21, 2011.

1. HOTMOPR

yup 1 7/8" primarys to 3" logs and 3" crossover. 5" downpipe

2. HOTMOPR

got it running today. Turbo is on new oil feed and drain are lines done. it sounds good with the 5" bullet hanging on it. Probably work on the exhaust tomorrow then work on fitting the nose back on to see how much I need to cut to clear the IC, hopefully not much. Would like to start on the carb mods too we will see how it goes..

3. CUUDAK

IIRC you have the same intercooler that I have. No cutting involved really. Mine fit perfect between the radiator support and the grill assemblies. Even fit right into the lower valance.

turbo%20progress%20004.jpg #ad

turbo%20progress%20006.jpg #ad

4. HOTMOPR

That's awesome! Don't wAnt it to look like some little ricer with no bumper and a big ol IC hangin from some bailing wire..

5. rdakota340

What no video yet LOL,are you going to be able to run it next week at the track!

6. HOTMOPR

Lol. I wish I could run year round. This part of the world we don't get to run till Easter usually then end in late September. It sucks.

7. rdakota340

man that does suck but yea I see where your at now :doh:

8. HOTMOPR

Well it moved on its own power today!! Drove it around the block! Didnt get on it at all just putted around. I got the carb completed and it seems to run well. Tomorrow I will get the O2 gauge hooked up and the new MSD 6530 so I can play alittle more. Still need to do the fuel system too but thats gonna take some time..

9. Alikazam

Sweet dude! When I get home sometime I'd love to come check this thing out :)

10. danbob

Hello again. What dish, and brand piston are you using? Also what piston ring? Thanks.

11. HOTMOPR

Probe -30 forged. Speed pro plasma rings

12. HOTMOPR

Figured I would update my original thread. I have the fuel system done and all the electronics. It runs pretty good but still having fuel pressure issues. For some reason the regulator doesnt want to hold a consistant pressure. I can set it at 6.5 psi it will run good and idle well in the shop. Take it out and show it some boost and it pegs the FP gauge and stays there. I wouldnt think it would be my mechanical gauge? I never had a problem before. I have it plumbed inline in the output/carb feed of the regulator.I have plenty of feed and return. Both are -10 lines and 2 -8 to the carb. Could it possibly be a voltage issue? My alt seems to have pooped the bed so I have been just charging the batt to make her run. I wouldnt think it would affect FP with a regulator unless the pumps just plain slowed down with a lack of voltage. But that shouldnt cause a FP spike I wouldnt think. Sorry rambling....

13. HOTMOPR

A short walk around. Shes getting close!

&feature=share&list=UU7hI3JWV5DNY4C6HI7fYEMw[/url]

14. TDmkr496

Where are you referencing your regulator from?

Also, keep an eye on your intercooler, I had the same one on my Chevelle and I couldn't make more then ten pounds of boost. I put a boost gauge on the compressor housing of the turbo and I was making twenty five pounds at the turbo, but only ten was getting to the motor. Just something to keep an eye on.

Keep up the good work!!

15. HOTMOPR

The reg is referenced from the hat. Hopefully the IC will be fine, its a bar plate style. It came from a reputable shop here in washington. I plan on going to a air/water cooler over next winter. Thanks for the heads up

16. HOTMOPR

I did have one little miss measurement while fabbing this thing up a few months ago. My cold pipe doesnt quite clear the hood. No other way to really make it all fit so I cut a hole and built a little plate for reinforcment.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. Alikazam

That things just looks sick! :)

18. HOTMOPR

drove it today! HOLY SHIT this thing is a beast compared to what I used to run. I did manage 7 psi and blew the boot off the intercooler. I have my WG set up with a 7# spring so I got to here that blow. I will probably end up plumbing it back into the exhaust or put a honda muffler on it! hahaha. Still have some wierd stuff going on with my fuel pressure. I had it set at 6 lbs. Started the car it was at 4. Figured Ill just keep a eye on things. Took off AFRs stayed right around 12-13 cruising jumped on it and it the AFR went to 10 the FP went to 15 and stayed there. The AFR went back to 12-13 cruising although the FP hung at 15. finished my short cruise and shut it down. restarted and my FP was 6#.. WTF? My gauge messed up? its been a good gauge for 14 years and now it acts up??

19. Alikazam

Yep, cuz you didn't touch it, love it or replace it... it will complain! :)

20. CUUDAK

Slap a new gauge on it!