1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Its under way! Finally!!!

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by HOTMOPR, Jan 21, 2011.

1. CW25

Oh ok I thought you hadn't chose a turbo. I missed the TV 8101. If ya have it bolt it on and give it a go. The cam is worth using for sure but you don't need as much cam with the turbo so it may be a little large. For 850 HP it looks to be very large. Really only one way to find out though. Bolt it in and go. If you have trouble spooling down low then try a smaller one.

2. CUUDAK

Ok,
    again it was just 2 cents.
    You can pay the Experts an arm and a leg or figure it out own your own. I am by no means rich and cannot afford to pay someone to do it. So Mine will be trial and error. May cost me but what the hell! I can't blame no one but myself.

Peace

3. turboplymouth

CUUDAK, I'm in the same boat as you man! I'm using a 100% naturally aspirated cam in mine, 236/242 110 sep., so all this is just 2 cents from me also. That's what all this discussion is about, doing it ourselfs the best we can. I've learned a lot on here, and I've learned a lot by doing things the wrong or less than ideal way (including camshafts). Now get outta here and fire up that welder!!

4. HOTMOPR

Yep the cam I have is actually from a blower motor as is this whole short block. I called comp to get the specs and they said it should work great for my setup. We shall see. It will be fun either way. I am hopimg the turbo will work cuz its what I have. I was planning a 400 build which would have been just right. I will be saving my pennies for a 106 or bigger..

5. turbofreek

I love me a fastback cuda. Add a turbo and I'm about jiz on my screen. I just about traded for one, but it was a dented wreck. I'm definitely looking forward seeing this thing run. The only thing I see being off is the turbo, but it will be all that block can handle anyways. Ignore the bs and go for it. That big a motor is gonna need a big stick, but expect only 850hp. :2thumbs:

6. HOTMOPR

You think she needs more cam?

7. turbofreek

should be fine. I miss typed when trying to say. Don't expect to only make 850.

8. HOTMOPR

I have a email in to delta cams to get a price on a custom .620" cam. I'll see what they say..

9. wantabe

10. CW25

Always wanted to try a reverse split cam but at $400 a cam it is pricey experiment.

11. HOTMOPR

How about some help on the fuel system? I have -8 feed and return lines now. i assume the return is fine. Do I need to go to a -10 feed? Was thinking dual walbros or ???? then the aeromotive 13202 regulator. So what pump and lines should I go with?

12. CUUDAK

I am using the Aeromotive A1000 pump(sumped stock tank) thru -8an up to the Aeromotive boost reference regulator without a return. I am using the Aeromotive fuel pump controller so I cannot use a return. -6an from the regulator to the 850 Holley. Supposed to support 1000HP. Got the huge filter from ebay for less than $25.00 and it uses wix filter from a local autoparts then I will use the filters into the carb itself.

fuel system.jpg #ad

filter 001.JPG #ad

13. CW25

1/2 " lines will take you quite a ways in power. If you NEED a -10 a -8 return will be too small and probably cause pressre issues. I run dual walbros but I have only run about 550 or so HP.

14. turboplymouth

I like the walbros. I only run one right now, with the mallory reg. Don't know how much power I'm making, 650-700 or so. :noidea:

15. HOTMOPR

I hate waiting for parts!!!

16. CUUDAK

LOL!

You ain't seen nuttin yet! I am STILL waiting on my Eagle rods. I purchased them in November :bang:. My Diamond pistons should be here tomorrow :bah:?? Then when these get here I have to take them to the machinist and wait on him :doh:..

17. HOTMOPR

finally getting parts! got the turbo flange, wastegate, bov, intercooler, and carb hat. Come on header parts!!

18. CUUDAK

Did you say you were doing log headers? They are way easy!!

19. HOTMOPR

Yep I dont have much room with the RB motor. probably run the log over the upper shock tower. I have room out just not down.. I did get my turbo brackt built and test fitted. still have some cleanin up to do to it before it goes public.. lol

20. HOTMOPR

Drivers side almost done..

[​IMG]#ad