1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

It's an Oldsmobile and yes it's turbo!!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by skalor, Nov 15, 2007.

1. flyinhillbilly

subscribing, that's badass.

2. denmah

welcome to turbo mustangs josh! :2thumbs:

glad you posted up your build.

you are just the thing that was needed to make more people say, "damn that builds section has nutty shit!"

3. CrystalSS

Nice sleeper.... How much do those cars weigh? Will a LS1 from an 07 ImpalaSS fit? Don't get me wrong I love the build but a 4.8 turbo would be nice too! Back in 1986-1989 after the G/N or so didnt' Buick turbo a front drive 3.8 lesabre.... I know back in the day I raced one on the expessway and it was pretty impressive hanging in there with my old 350 79 malibu.
    Anyway that has to be alot of fun suprising unsuspecting victims.... nice car!!

4. skalor

I haven't weighed it with the turbo setup, but when it was still supercharged it weighed in a 3,070 lbs without driver. I'm sure I gained some weight with the turbo setup so I usually just figure ~3100 lbs. I haven't done any weight reduction on the car yet though and plan on removing some stuff over the winter. I honestly couldn't tell you if an LS4(FWD 5.3L) would fit. A-bodies(Cieras, Celebritys, and 6000s) have a decently sized engine bay for the size of the car, and if I had to guess I would say yes. They use the same transmission as the L67, although with different internals, so the trans mounts would work. Looking at the pictures below you get an idea of the differences between the L67 and the LS4. This only place I can see it being a problem is the alternator getting close to the passenger side strut tower.

[​IMG]#ad

I have seen some pictures of some older FWD turbo Buicks, but I have never seen one in person. I think it was always understood that tranmission issues was the reason it never came to fruition. In the late '80s, GM still didn't have all the bugs worked out of the FWD transmissions. Well, it's not like they are perfect now, but they are a lot better. :D