1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ITS ALL OVER!! FNFAST'S Dart 363, S400sx3 80mm, TH400, Holley HP EFI, PDP Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by FNFAST, Jan 14, 2007.

1. HAULIN IT

That's a sad sight! I lost a truck to a fire when I was a "young mechanic", sure is a helpless feeling watching it burn. Best Wishes to you in whatever you decide to do. Lorne

2. Hemann

What do you think caused the fire?

3. xr8tt

Rebuild with fire extinguisher each side !!! Family is SAFE ..
    Good luck whatever you decide...
    From down under...

4. ewoogy

Yeah just give it some time Sal. You know in a few months you will have the bug again and want to start building something. Your wife might get mad but it's a hobby that makes you happy so I'm sure she will understand. Ok maybe she wont :). Lol I'll starting looking for a TH400 somewhere else. And if you do end up going for it, I have a friend that I can get to donate some powder coating for anything that looks burnt under the hood.

5. jaquetapus

Definitely put it in the back corner of the garage for a little bit before selling it. I've made that mistake a few times already, selling too quick. There's probably quite a bit to save there still. Best of luck with the rebuild if you end up going that route. FNFASTER TTF! :D

6. 10secgoal

Hell yeah. Lost a drive shaft and busted a bunch of stuff. Was about 3 months before I even touched it again. Wife loved it though. lol

7. 1MEANGT

This still makes me sad to see Sal. As many on this board know, I know the kind of time and money you put into it. Just very glad you and your family got out in time.

If you end up picking up another fox or just need a hand taking this one apart, you know I am 5 mins away buddy. Call anytime.

8. Chris91LX

+1 Sal, if you need anything or I can help with anything you have my number buddy.

9. FNFAST

!!!UPDATE!!!

Well today a few good buddies stopped by to give me a hand on taking the car apart. First off I want to say thanks to them Mike and Al. Well I found the culprit that burned my car down and it was an aero motive fp regulator. On the top it has the vacuum bolt and a lock nut. Well there was no locknut it must of vibrated off an the diaphragm went bad and spewed fuel like a running hose. :bah: :bah: :bah: Here are some pics of the tear down it took a total of 5 hrs. Lol. I'm dropping the motor off to my builder tomorrow. I drained the oil and there was only a half a cup worth of water in there that got into the valve cover. There will be a new build but I will need to make a list. A big one too. If anyone has anything they can spare let me know. I don't know about being FNFASTER but it will be FN????? I will need a new name.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. ducatibrian

Gather your stuff and see where you are at, then what you need to rebuild.

Post a list for every one to see if we can each help in our own way. If yellow bullet can pull it off, we can here also.

If I have something that you could use be glad to help.
    Brian

We all have set backs in life and how we deal with them make us who we are. Glad you and the family are ok most of all. :2thumbs:

11. wtfovr

Now everyone go out and check your locknuts on those regulators. Glad you found the culprit. Keeps up on the progress.

12. BlownShovel

X2. Get a list and post it up.

13. BYBYLS1

X3....get that rough list posted as soon as possible! I am spending my day today going through and doing a inventory off everything that I have to sell or horse trade. Contact me today or post up your email address, I will email you my master list that was you can see if theres anything that you need on my list! I have ALOT of new and used nice parts to sell along with a bunch of stock foxbody shit. I am willing to donate anything that you will need to get your new car back up and running, just as long as you actually use it. I am more than happy to help you out bud! I hope that i can help to cross off some of the items on your "rebuild list". Have a great day and I'll talk to you soon!

Justin Ward
    (904)627-6804
    This content is protected

14. stangwell

awesome im glad to hear it going to be fixed :2thumbs:

15. Nice Chevelle

I just checked mine.

Good luck with the rebuild. :2thumbs:

16. FNFAST

Well the auto wreckers came by to pick her up. Sad to see her go. Gone but not forgotten. She will be missed.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. BoostedBadBoy

Hey man sad to see her go but you learned a valuable lesson and taught us all something we needed to check as well. I think you'll have another one up and better than ever in no time. Everything you learned as you went and already knew is going to make it a breeze this time. And you and your whole family are alive and healthy. Just don't take them out for cruises for a while lol ;) :D :cheers:

18. skip

Sad to see but now with only one fire extinguisher your making me want to make sure I have another one. Good luck with the new build.

19. BoostedBadBoy

Do you have an idea of the parts you need and what ones you still have yet?

20. FNFAST

I am making up a list of stuff of the things I would need.

Thanks, Sal