1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

ITS ALL OVER!! FNFAST'S Dart 363, S400sx3 80mm, TH400, Holley HP EFI, PDP Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by FNFAST, Jan 14, 2007.

1. rms7430

like the the build.... Sorry this happened more important good that you and family are OK.

2. bumblebee

DAMN thats to bad! :(

Good you all are OK!

3. ducatibrian

Sad to see this happen!

Thankfully you and the family got out without it being worse. This why we MUST keep safety in the back of our minds.
    Best wishes on your recovery
    Brian

4. larouchedem

Whew! Ditto the others.

5. wtfovr

Sad to see but glad you all okay. I have never fewer than 3 extinquishers in the car at all times just in case.

Any idea what caused it?

6. MUSTLX50

Sorry to see this happen man, glad to see everyone made it out. It really sucks to see it happen but family is what is most important. You went through the whole experience building the car, don't worry you will do another and now you have the knowledge on how to do it. Good luck and glod bless everyone is ok.

7. Mnlx

The pictures just make me sick.... Remember its only material, and you saved the most important pieces.... your family.
    Very nice car, but i'm sure the next will be nicer.

8. Mustangbrad94gt

Sorry to hear Sal, glad you and yours are ok, I can understand you wanting to hang it up, but it's in our blood, the funs in building the cars for me, we have alot of rust free bodies here in S.C and Augusta, GA. let me know when your ready, take care Sal

9. dmoss69

That's terrible!

I know you lost a lot of time and effort on the build, but thank god that you got everyone out of there and everyone is safe!

diddo on the cause of fire, let us know, because you may end up saving some more of us!

10. BlownShovel

Damn dude. Sorry to hear about the car...but you got the family out and all are ok. Hopefully you will mend quickly. All things considered you got lucky. If that would have happened in a different location or speed or just after getting home... Who knows what might have been the outcome.
    You say you are done but if you sit back a minute you may want back in. Let me know if I can help.
    W

11. 10secgoal

Glad to see you and the family came out OK. You can always try again if you wanted, but family,.... you know the rest of the line. Good luck to you and yours. Hope the best for you guys.

12. FNFAST

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and even the guys offering to come out of state to help me out. It has been a very emotional weekend for us this weekend. It his us more now than when it happened. Everything happened so fast and I'm so thankful that I reacted in time before it went worse!! I will find out what happened to cause this and update everyone. Thanks again and god bless to everyone. :2thumbs:

13. Anthony Fury

X1,000 - glad everyone is safe but damn that sucks dude!!!!! You know, the good drivetrain stuff could all go in a '63 4-door / wagon Galaxie....for the fam, of course. :)

14. FNFAST

Thanks buddy. Well let me know if you want it all for the Galaxie....

15. TwinTrouble

Hi Sal, sent you a text the other day. In case you didn't get it, glad everyone is ok!

As for the Galaxie, i think Anthony was suggesting you get one to slap your drivetain in...give Shaunthony's a call if we can help :2thumbs:

16. FNFAST

Thanks buddy!!! Sorry I didn't get your text I've had a new #. I will def give you guys a call if I do anything. But more than likely I will sell it off.

Thanks again guys!
    Sal

17. 1BAD6T6

I saw "ITS ALL OVER" added the to subject and thought, "okay, what's he changing?" I never imagined this! Glad to hear you and your family are okay.

18. Ackbar00

Good god! That sucks big time :( What could have happened?

19. stangwell

man I know your sick and I m glad your family is ok. I wouldnt sale anything to soon. I had a problem one time and I was just like you I was over it and done with it all, made me sick to watch 20 or 30 grand just flush down the toilet and all that hard work out the window. BUT, if you let it set just put it aside take a month or even two. Then go back over it see what you can use see whats junk then decide if you want to build another or call it quits. I sold all my stuff off and tthree months later I was buying same stuff I sold again. If you still feel done in a couple months then let go but just dont do it to quick, good luck with what ever you decide and im sure you will make the right choice either way. I used to have a problem that when I went to church I felt guilty about all the money I spend on a mustang and the guy beside me is barley got a car and I just started asking what I needed to do and the the thought of sellimg my mustang never came up. Its wierd but my mustang is part of my family, my 3 kids and my wife have had some of our best memories with the car and we all had alot of heartache as a family with the car but when its all said and done my wife says she would feel like she was selling a child cause its always been a part of our life since we became a family twelve years ago. Im sorry to ramble on like this but when I see a car of that caliber I know somebody had to love it to build it or wouldnt have been built in the first place. You also said your family was sick about it so I know they dont want you to give up on what they love either. my opinon and again sorry to keep on

20. BOOSTEDROK

AMEN BROTHA!! Give it time first!!