1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Injector placement in tunnel ram

Discussion in 'Advanced Tech Section' started by Jwright, May 8, 2016.

1. Russell

This guy put a go pro in the intake.

2. Boost Engineer

Bore scope would work except that we wanted to project the images on a large Video Screen display and and most bore scopes are hand held devices.

Best example I can give you based on testing over 10 years ago.

Tom V.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2022
  3. Boost Engineer

Bore scopes are typically hand held for the most part.

The testing we did was on a cell at higher engine rpm and people were not allowed on the cells in those modes. The spy camera was designed to display the images on a wall mounted TV type device.

Tom V.

4. Boost Engineer

As Posted Before, The work we were doing had more to do with "rivers of fuel" (caused by the intercooler)
    and HUMIDITY where the vehicles were being driven) that caused the issues.

I suppose if you could rig up a bore scope but personally I would not want to be on a cell with the engine under boost and the engine running max power at the time. What is the longest wires available for a bore scope?
    My company also would not have allowed that type of test.

Tom V.

5. B E N

There are wireless bore scopes / endoscopes available, in HD that will cast direct to your cell or the bluetooth device of your choosing, for recording and further analysis.

6. Disney Lincoln

My Snap On scope is wireless and also has an SD card slot to record. It's really saved my ass a few times. I can set up the scope to look at what I want, verify on the handheld that it's seeing what I want, then start recording and close the hood, diff, engine, whatever i've put it in and go drive. Then I just pull the card and watch it back.

7. Boost Engineer

Times have changed obviously in the 7 years since I retired and the 10+ years since we did the video
    testing inside the intake manifold.

Thanks.

Tom V.

8. OpposableThumbsConfuseMe

The borescope I have hanging on my wall, with other wires, is a 8ft-long USB model. Cheap crappy model so resolution is ridiculously small (640x480), but does have a LED ring on its camera end.