1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am doing it... The official Ebay turbo build! DUW!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbostang, Dec 5, 2006.

1. rubbersiidedown

Just waiting to see the finished product

2. turbostang

I got a ton of work to do on other peoples cars, it may be a while before I get to play with this. Not to mention I have to get my race car done as well and the season is soon to start here!

3. ITSAV6

Subscribing :D

4. Snipe656

So basically you are saying you will be done with this street car by the end of this month? :)

5. turbostang

LOL, Funny guy.. funny guy. I wish.

6. turbostang

For the records, I did some more measuring this weekend - I don't see how the drivers side turbo won't fit with the a/c in place! In otherwords - it fits with all accessories in place... even the smog.

Also, there is a new "class" brewing here locally for the little turbo cars.. unfortunately I don't think it will include Twin turbos of any kind - so I will probably finish this kit and sell it complete. Of course I'll post pics of the build and keep everyone posted.

7. DBEAU2

What class for little turbos? How little? Is it going to be at Red Line or Kennedale? Maybe I should work a little faster so I can race this year instead of next year.

8. Snipe656

I really think you should take a break from all of your projects and come down to Houston for a vacation. Bring all your tools though, I need my project worked on.

9. turbostang

Lol, and the hits keep coming!

10. Snipe656

Cool, so see you on Friday

11. lighting bolt

yea we all should work a little faster...lol I'm the worlds worst at pulling all nighters in the shop for a race... Maybe if i started earlier iy would go better..lol

12. mjj688

Hey turbostang, you must be the guy who e-mailed me about the kit I bought off ebay. I did answer a few days ago, with the holidays and all I just got around to it. Man I sure am glad your doing this as I need all the help I can get.I'm new to turbos(supercharged now) but want'ed to give it a try. Price on the kit wasn't bad so I figured what the heck.I hope the a/c works with this kit, if not I'm selling it. Not giving up my a/c for anything. My goal is to run 6.90 or better in the 1/8,That's fast enough for me. I'll be watching this thread everyday.

13. lighting bolt

Whats a good and somewhat quick wat yo get in touch with the guy you guys are buying these from cause he isnt real quick on e-bay...lol

14. turbostang

LOL, that was probably me. I did a bunch of measuring when I first got the kit and I don't see how it won't fit. Of course you'll never know till you actually put it on - but none of the headers or turbos look remotely close to anything. The closest things will be the downpipe to the tube to the throttle body AND maybe the downpipe to the brake booster or mastercylinder.
    Maybe this weekend I'll get to pull the headers off of the car and do some test fitting. I have a few small things to work on as it is..i just changed the car from a Tremec to AOD. I need to put the automatic style brake pedals in and put the interior back in it. The "new" engine is on the stand, I need to disassemble it, clean it, and get it ready to go to the machine shop for honing, cam bearings and freeze plugs. I just bought a ProM MAF and a Anderson PMS. My goal is similar to yours as well, I just want 6.90's on 17" drag radials and I'm done. My other car is the "fast" one. :)

They never replied to me. There is no "quick" way to get in contact with them. :(

15. lighting bolt

Yea that sucks does he have a phone # or anything you can call or is it all juse e-mail?

16. ITSAV6

6.90 for my slow car would be good :D

17. PEARL MUSSIN

Hey Brooks what size turbos are those?

Jeremy

18. turbostang

ya know, That's a good question. I can't remember what they call them..

19. WhiteLX

I am very interested in this as well. I may get rid of my single kit and go to a twin kit just so I can use the Incon EO# to pass smog (damn CA smog Nazis).

Are you planning on making the downpipes so they will attach to a stock (or stock style off-road) H-pipe? Where are you going to route the cold side tubing to the throttle body?

20. turbostang

I plan on it connecting to a stock style Hpipe with ball and socket connectors. The cold side will Y together under the front of the drivers side frame rail, go through the FMIC, and out of the inner fender just as nearly every turbo kit does. Ya know, the normal stuff.