1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am doing it... The official Ebay turbo build! DUW!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbostang, Dec 5, 2006.

1. lighting bolt

What kind of turbos are they? i have a super T-70 and i'm thinking it's rated to about 700hp...

2. Clutch1911

Obviously they aren't t70s twin kit t3's remember?

3. lighting bolt

Well the reason i was asking is because mine says a Super T-70 but it's not a Garret and it's not a 70mm...

4. Mike Gager

try doing a search on the super 70

5. lighting bolt

No i know the spec sheet on mine i was wondering about the turbo's being used in this build...

6. gryphon68

The ebay description says they are GT28RS's. Obviosly they are not real Garretts for the price, but would be interesting to know how close to true GT28RS spec they really are, including whether or not they are ball bearing center section.

7. tt350chevelle

Break out the old calipers when the turbo goes for the "inspection" so we can relate the compressor trim to the final power.I have a pair of Wa-Line turbos that are rated for 300hp each but the compressor wheels look and measure exactly the same as a Garrett H trim,power output should be considerably higher than 300hp, time will tell.

Brad J.

8. Big_Ed

Did you get Dave to take a peek at them? I have been in Kansas City since Wednesday and am wondering if I need to start saving my 50 dollar bills.

9. turbostang

Well, like I mentioned above - this build won't get much attention from me until my race car is running. For now, I am just gathering parts. The motor needs to be rebuilt first - it's pretty tired. I have 5-6 projects to complete before this one gets much more money/attention. (I do a bunch of turbofab work)
    Honestly I don't expect much from them - if the car makes ~500 h.p.; I'm happy.

I just want my "street" car to run 6.9x@100 this summer and drive home with the A/C. When I want to "really" go fast - I'll get in the other car and run 5.30's.

10. lighting bolt

Is this kit just made for a ford??? I didnt see any on e-bay for a chevy motor...

11. craggar

The only difference would be the headers. My kit was for a Chevy but I haven't seen them listed for some time.

12. lighting bolt

Cool i guess i could e-mail the seller and see what he has for chevy stuff...

13. BlkP42E

thats a pretty nice setup for $600

14. TwinTLuv

any update on this?....think it would clear an a/c compressor on a fox?

15. MustangMike

Nope. I "asked seller a question" about a month ago, and just got the reply. You wont be able retain your A/C with this kit.
    Mike

16. TwinTLuv

how about the powersteering?...if its moved up with the FMS relocator?...

17. turbostang

The seller don't know jack. There was a car posted on ebay about a month ago with this kit on it, and it had all of the accessories on it - including the a/c. I don't have any updates because I have a ton of stuff going on with a truck I am working on, my street car, and now an extreme street car that is getting a turbo kit in the next month or so - it may be the beginning of summer before I get to this kit.

I did manage to get my new AOD in my street car tonight though. It's raining so I didn't get to drive it :(.

18. MustangMike

I thought I saw a pic with the A/C and this kit "partly" installed. Whether or not the car will run and not melt something I dont know. Heres a copy of his response. This is the same kit right?

jdm wrote...

hi, this kit will not be a/c compatible.

jdm

----- Original Message ----
    To:
    This content is protected

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2006 11:15:20 PM
    Subject: Question for item #330067996074 - Mustang 5.0L Twin Turbo Ford LX/GT T3/T4 Manifold Kit

19. turbostang

The A/C won't get melted, it's on the wrong end of the turbo :D

I did some "quick" measuring on the car when I got the kit - it looks like it will fit without moving anything. The only problems I could think of were the downpipe on both sides - the passenger side will be close to the inlet to the throttle body, like nearly all kits. The drivers side will be close to the master cylinder - depending on how sharp the bend is out of the turbo.

20. RealQuick

nice work!