1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am doing it... The official Ebay turbo build! DUW!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbostang, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Big_Ed

NOW YA TELL ME!!!! :doh:

2. 90WHTGT

Hey I saw someone else saying they picked up some v bands at a hardware store. Just make sure you dont find a knuckle dragger employee to help you!

3. Big_Ed

Watchit PUNK!!! :lau:

4. turbostang

Much to my suprise I got a saturday deliver on the BOV. Here is the first review and pics of the disassembled part:

Aside from very quick, production type machine work, it was just as good of quality as a Greddy part. Even the sticker on the top of the BOV was the same except for where it says "high performance" instead of "greddy".... There were only 3 things that I deemed necessary to even mention.
    1) The screws on holding the two halfs together were somewhat loose
    2) The screws balled up the diaphragm where they go through it into the bottom half - Even my Tial w/g did this.
    3) No instructions, no paperwork, no invoice, no nothing.

5. Big_Ed

Doesn't look like there is much to it. What pressure does it pop at or is it adjustable? Or does it pop at just a fast spike in pressure?

6. turbostang

Not shown in the pics, but it is adjustable. The set screw on the top will even go far enough to completely hold the valve shut.

7. Big_Ed

ok good deal. I am also watching this very closely because I am giving consideration to getting this kit as well. Had I had the money, I probably already would have.

8. turbostang

Hopefully, since the BOV already arrived, the turbos and headers will be here soon. Maybe before Wednesday?

9. Standonit

Subscribing... :D

10. turbostang

Well, I got home today to see the ups man pulling away :D

He only deliverd the turbos though :(

I must admit - the turbos are pretty nice looking. The turbine shaft does have a LH thread on it, which alleviates some of my concern. The turbos are clearly all new and covered in machine oil. The shafts spin freely, no contact can be forced to the compressor housing or exhaust housing. They are clearly marked on the compressor wheel where they are balanced and realigned when assembled. Of course, the exterior is only part of the package. The real story is when I have Dave@Majestic inspect them thoroughly. In all honesty that is where I expect to find the "problems".

What I expect to find is - poor bearing clearance and poor balancing. We'll see soon! I'll try to post pics tonight, or maybe I might wait till the headers arrive as well.

11. Big_Ed

dont you wait for the headers. >:( :bah: :bah:

You better post some pics tonight or I'll come down there and give you some :twak: :box: and a good size 14 steel toed :nut:

Have a nice evening :D

12. B&G CUSTOM TURBO

LOL I'd like to see them with the accessories in place, and the turbos mounted.
    Any bets?

13. turbostang

Is that a question or a statement?

14. Big_Ed

The headers aren't in yet, just the turbo's. And they point upwards, not downwards is what he told me when I asked him if he was using a filter relocating kit.

15. craggar

Ok here's a few pics of the kit I got.

16. 95gtnurse

17. turbostang

Damn Craggar - That doesn't look too bad. Got any pics of the car?

18. craggar

Tks guys, here's a couple pics before the turbos with the 355 and a 125 shot. Got a little too much air on this run.:)

19. DaOnE51T

craggar ................How much was that turbo kit?

20. Big_Ed