1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am doing it... The official Ebay turbo build! DUW!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbostang, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Mike Gager

post'em up id like to see them

2. turbostang

Perhaps I came across wrong, I didn't mean to sound like I though Viren was a shady guy - I've bought a TON of stuff from him. He's always pretty straight foward with me. I just don't like the fact that I can drive over there in 30 minutes or less but instead I have to wait 2 days for the parts to arrive.

I miss my old vega. :(
    Let's see some pics of that stuff on the Vega!

I honestly don't expect problems from the headers themselves. I do expect to find something with the turbos though. I don't like the fact that I constantly hear of the right handed threads they have on the turbine shaft threads. I seem to hear of a lot of the turbos grenading - just to find the nut has came off as the cause.

3. dirty454

If that was the case, why couldnt you centerpunch the shaft where the nut and treads meet

4. turbostang

believe it or not, I thought of that. Not sure about it though, the shafts are tiny and easily bent. I thought about a small tack weld from the TIG welder, about the size of a pin head. Don't know for sure, until the stuff actually gets here.

5. Big_Ed

you could achieve the same result from a small tipped dremel. Just bug up the threads a bit so it will have a harder time coming off, but not so much that the impact/ratchet&socket would not remove it.

I am looking at a set like this also. Will have to see how these result before spending almost the same amount on a single MP T-70. And then having to either get ANOTHER set of headers, or use my headers I have now, but with "MODIFICATIONS".

Peace dude and keep up the TEAM effort. I am betting if this thread produces some decent results, his business will increase a substantial amount.

6. craggar

Took some pics tonight but left my cable at work so I can't download them until I get it, and I won't be going there until Monday.;)

7. Big_Ed

you better take your ass in to that place and get it tomorrow!!!!!!! :chacha: :2thumbs: :D

8. PEARL MUSSIN

I will be following this thread. I have always been suspect on everyone bashing the "kits" and no one has ever used the stuff. Props to you for stepping up and buying a kit and documenting it. How much were the BOV and wategate??

Jeremy

9. BlownShovel

subscribing. Good luck with the build...

Walt

10. turbostang

Jeremy the BOV was about 65$ I believe. I've found a few people that have bought these headers and turbos - I have emails out to all of them right now, as of last night. I have yet to recieve a reply though. I didn't get any wastegates because the turbos come with internal gates.

11. turbostang

I also forgot - I got one of the XSPower intercoolers from an individual for 112$ shipped. It should be here mid-next week. It is the "short-fat" one. Measurements are 24X12X4.

12. PEARL MUSSIN

Didnt notice the internal gates.. What car is this going on?

Jeremy

13. turbostang

It's going on my street car. More for fun than anything, when my racecar is not running next season (which is hopefully never) I want to have something to mess with. If this bucket will manage a 6.90 in the 1/8 I'll be happy.

14. 78pinto

I kinda knew what you were getting at, i just didn't want any Newbs or people who have never dealt with VSRacing to come to the wrong conclusion about him. There is a Ford Motorsport dealer in the next town from me and they only do mail order....i know what your saying! :2thumbs:

15. blademasterii

subscribing. I'm selling my supercharger and if this kit is good i'll go with that instead.

16. 90WHTGT

subscribing

17. Big_Ed

OK!! since this thing has Vband flanges for the hot side output, where do you locate a flange or something like that to start the actual exhaust system??

18. turbostang

You answered your own question. It's just a regular ol' vband. You can get them anywhere.

19. Big_Ed

Well I haven't been able to!!! I asked the guy at our muffler shop and he gave me some kind demented retard look :eek:

:bah:

20. turbostang

Well not every where like muffler shop, every where like TM.com sponsors - aka Raceparts, B&G, etc.