1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

I am doing it... The official Ebay turbo build! DUW!

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by turbostang, Dec 5, 2006.

1. 85t-topGT

Thats cool i was just wondering about the quality of the turbo's themselves if they are good units ill buy the kit and try it out ... i already know im gonna have problems seeing as how this will be my first "attemp" at a build

2. tkelly27

In the name of backyard science, I think that's the best idea. A lot of people who have tig welders and experience welding SS will just go ahead and make their own headers : D. If you see something that is looking bad, fix it and let us know how much you think it would be to have a shop do it.
    http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291283&highlight=ebay manifold
    I actually joined supraforums after reading that, "GrandLordKhorne" knows his stuff! Even a complete metallurgical analysis and x-rays!

I think the general consensus is that most of the ebay stuff works, and weather or not you get one that breaks is a roll of the dice. The fact that you can buy 3 of them for the price of the more expensive ones just leaves me hoping that when they break, they don't take out the engine with it. Also, there is a growing amount of people who have purchased ebay turbos because they got fed up with trying to fix real garret turbos and wanted something cheap they could beat the snot out of 'till they could afford a replacement. Holy run on sentence batman!

*edit*
    :2thumbs:

3. Big_Ed

DAMN DUDE!!! Put in a COMMA!!!! :chacha: :D

4. 5.0mustang5speed

5. turbostang

This one is a bit outdated, I've sold the parts and I am actually building a single kit for my car using a MPT70, I just decided I didn't want the twin kit anymore.

6. .347_stang

7. 91greenfox

Hey for the "T" at the oil sending unit, did it come with two? Do you have any pics of how it goes? Im actually doing the same kit to see how it all works out... Thanks

8. 1ate7GTTop

subscribing :chacha: