1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Twin Turbo fitment....

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by tommyhil4_6, May 25, 2004.

1. tommyhil4_6

K member - a arms and coil over for the front - also some caster camber plates.

2. JeffFoster

Did you use the K-Member and parts that it came with? From reading it seems like it was designed for a QA1 and you ended up using a D&D?

3. tommyhil4_6

The kit comes with a QA1 - since the first fabrication of the now production kit QA1 has since changed the design of the k member and added a lip that can't be there. The original QA1 k member from the first fabrication is exactly similar to that of the D&D. I already had a front suspension kit on my car and was told mine will work the exact same as theirs. Mine is a groundpounder setup. Same exact thing I believe.

My tubing is set to arrive shortly sometime today. I will them put the turbo headers on and my k-member and see how it works out. If theres any trouble I'll just buy a D&D k member and be done with it.

HP has answered alot of questions and thanks to this thread I talked to an actual fabricator of the kits. Not just someone who installs them but actually builds them. Never would of even known who he was unless I made this thread. Great guy and smart as hell. Everyone at HP is being very helpful. Hoping by next friday i'll have my customer box ready for shipment and we can get this little adventure to a conclusion. I'll post later tonight how the fitment is with the different kits.

4. JeffFoster

Crediting this thread for getting you in contact with the correct person when a simple phone call would have done doesnt really justify slamming them in public before you asked them directly.

Sounds like a simplefitment mix up concerning suspension parts to me, which Im sure once you actually talked to HP was handled.

I can understand that you were frustrated but if I spent that much money on a kit, the first place I would contact with any concerns that I had would be the company I purchased it from. Usually problems are ironed out quickly.

So maybe the point of this thread should be that HP is on top of and helping you with your problems, as soon as you brought it to their attention - as opposed to - Thanks to this thread, I was able to get help...sorry, but I think thats BS.

Jeff

5. tommyhil4_6

Jeff, I called 5 times in 2 days and finally got them today. Also left three messages. I call plenty. And a mix up in parts is negligable. I don't blame HP for QA1 changing their product but there is still modficiations that DO need to be made for anyone that gets it. I did not bash them on this site, and I think i've been plenty cordial to them especially going on 6 months with 3,000+ down payment out of my bank after been told 2 months max back in january.... Like anyone on here that has been delayed sometimes the best way to get a response is by raising some eyebrows which obviously I did. And I feel HP should contact me, I should NOT have to contact them to find out why the fuck my kit is 3 months late. But I have, everytime and i'm fine with that now.

I'd make it a point if I were them to give some people heads up and if you didn't buy a kit then you don't know so watch your mouth. I understand why they are behind, and instead of getting the normal "well it's gonna be a couple weeks till jet hot is done" or your piping was scratched remark I was told exactly what was on backorder and what is being delayed. Friend called and got the same response multiple times, and I new I would to so why even try to get ahold of anyone if they'll tell me the same thing.

This may seem like a bash thread to you but it's my opinion. Yes HP is a great company. Yes they are knowledgable and probably one of the best for stangs. Yes their kit is AWESOME. Yes it's the most COMPLETE kit without upgrades. No they did not give me a heads up or reason other than "we're busy". No they did not call if something is amiss.

More positives then negatives and thats why I went with them, but being "busy" is no exscuse to not be up front with the customers. As in telling people who ordered one month ago or less they will receive their kit the same time I will after 3 months of being in production and another 2 pre-paid. Hopefully once everything gets put together and they get all the materials needed and orders filled it will go alot smoother. But again, this is America and I can post what I want, so blah on you

6. tommyhil4_6

Oh and to this comment, HP should CALL ME and inform me of problems which they have known about and have a recommendation to take care of it. Not let me fuck my car up in the process and then call for the answer. They didn't tell Tim when he got his kit, he called and had to find out why TF it wasn't working. Maybe a warning on the box or something? I feel if it's a known issue it should be brought to the customers attention or fix'd. Maybe thats me but when I pay thousands of dollars for something it should be what I paid for.

7. JeffFoster

Watch my mouth? Ive worked on exacty the same number of HP kits that you have, one.

Originally, this thread started as a bash because you had to grind. Now you say that they should have called you before you had to start grinding on your car?? They should have not LET YOU fuck up your car?? Give me a break. You are welcome to your opinion, here is mine: When you thought you had to grind something, when it wasnt supposed to be like that, you should have just stopped - continuing to cut up the car before you contact them and then complain about it is just plain STUPID.

8. DC-GT

:stickhit:

9. tommyhil4_6

Seems that your the one thats plain STUPID as it's not my car ding dong. I haven't received my kit smarty pants, a friend has ( a professional T&J performance) MY tubing is set to arrive today. But you don't pay attention when you read I guess :shrug:

And as far as someone fucking up their car, if this was not brought to alot of peoples attention by me they would attempt to install the kit. Scratch the hell out of the ceramic coating and not have a clue. It IS HP's responsibility to tell us whats going on and what issues we will have. Not our responsibility to ask.

And as DC-GT said we have been calling, multiple times a week for a long while.

10. SoL_93GT

I think I'm guilty of that too. :( I have no patience. But at least I didn't go on a public forum and complain about HP before talking to them.

I'm sorry to hear you guys are having to wait so long and would probably be equally upset for that, but the grinding thing and coming on here complaining about it before you had a chance to talk to HP is wrong, because HP can't respond to it on a forum. It's just giving them a bad name for something that may or may not be justified. That is my 2 cents.

Hope you guys get your kits soon so this drama can end.

Briane

11. JeffFoster

Same difference - standing up for someone that cut up their car... whatever. Regardless, you have now changed the subject to "Ive been waiting for xx months for my turbo kit", which is a bummer, but not the original issue - the one for which I say you (or your buddy) should have talked to someone first.

Im done with this - waste of time. I hope your kits come soon and they all fit, but I still think youre an idiot.

12. tommyhil4_6

Talked to someone first. Is it right for him to ASSume something is wrong with the kit? Should we then call HP and ask if they chose the right injectors? or if the down pipes fit correctly?

I DID NOT HACK MY CAR. If I had to hack my car I would not buy this kit. HP knowingly shipped kits without informing changes have been made to the k-member which now leads to modifications. No it's not a HUGE deal, but it is something we are entitled to know, and that WE should be told. We don't need to go digging for answers when HP knows there's a problem, they should tell us. I'm more then patient with this process.. less them some, more then some. People have cxl'd because of the delay and some like me have stuck through it all.

And for you Sol and Jeff, there is no place where I bashed HP. In my first post I simply asked for them (since the grace these boards often) to chime in and let us in. This has just brought this problem into the open and now people on here won't have to "GO LOOKING" for an answer just like you Jeff thinks everyone should. I want to know exactly whats going on and any problems and I feel it is HP's responsibility to a paying customer to offer info without asking and without calling. I never bashed HP this is MO and alot of others share it.

soo in conclusion for people that read 1 post and not the whole thread heres some cliff notes

1) I did not bash HP
    2) I enlightened fellow purchasers that there are indeed some modifications needed
    3) I stated multiple times that HP is probably the only modular turbo kit to get.
    4) I stated that yes, when I pay 6k dollars for something I want THEM TO CALL ME and inform me of problems.
    5) I believe it's the "manufacturers" responsibility to inform of any defects and problems before we run into them. HP new it was an issue as stated by Lightweight
    6) I wanted HP to chime in here and let us know whats going on. WHEN, and keyword WHEN you get ahold of them they are very nice, but it is difficult and why have an answering machine if a message is never return....
    7) Jeff - you've had experience with the kit (modular? not many kits have arrived to peoples doorsteps), enjoy it. Mine has still yet to arrive and the wait goes on.

13. Jake VanAllen

Now be nice children. Tommy, don't make me come over and kick your ass. If you get your tubeing today and I ordered three months before you I'll be pissed at Jet-Hot for F-ing up my coating again. Maybe you two should be nice to each other, and calm down with the whole bitching and moaning. I've got you beat to hell in the waiting department, and I'm not on here bitching about it. Wait till you get your shit and they can't delay it when your a dick on the forums at least.

14. tommyhil4_6

They delay i'll cancel :) and it's on the fedex truck to my house. Left at 5a.m and still not here.

I was just defending the fact I was and still am justified to have this thread. HP new the issue and didn't inform but i'm sure they will now after reading this. Jeff doesn't read and if he did he'd see in know way I bashed HP, I called them on some practices I looked down on and since then have mostly been rectified. For 6k+ I expect alot and alot is what I want. If I don't get it, i'll go somewhere else.

15. DC-GT

Why not? Just curious...

I have gotten more info about what is going on from turbomustangs forums than I have from the phone calls, lol...

I am sure it will all be fine...

16. JeffFoster

Yes, I read - I read this:

"K, friend of mine recently began the installation on a 01 bullet. Same TT setup that many of us 96+ cars have purchased (modular). Seems that they spent 5 F'ING HOURS *GRINDING* to get even the headers on. ONLY THE HEADERS in 5 hours. They said it will not fit with the k-member without grinding. I have no tools specifically for grinding and don't feel like buying any. I was told straight forward install. No modifications needed to stock accessories and NO GRINDING.

If you read this HP please chime in as this has me very aggrevated as this is not what I bought the kit for. Would have just gone supercharged route if this is the fact. Enlighten me please. And the friend is actually one of the most knowledgeable folks around and he has not swayed my judment of the kit. The installation has as I am not a professional and don't have the required tools like he does."

Sounds a little hot under the collar and this simply was not the best place to air this. Yes, you ENDED UP finding out some information. Cant you just admit that you started out on the wrong foot by not contacting HP directly before bashing (yes, when you say bad things about a product, its bashing)???

17. tommyhil4_6

Hell yea it sounded hot cuz it pisses me off. I did not say a bad thing about the product. I stated the product is not exactly what I was told it was and wanted answers from HP. I did not bash the company, if I did I would say "Hp makes pieces of shit kits and are the slowest shippers on earth." I don't think that and never once said that. I don't believe I started on the wrong foot because now everyone with the kit on here knows. They won't have to "start on the right foot" begin the install and hit a brick wall with it and then call HP to get answers HP new they should have released before the kit was shipped.

Something along the lines "Dear customer, since the kits first fabrication QA! has changed designs, you will now be required to cut/grind or modify this and that." It's that easy, and I would not have known if my friend did not tell me. And half the people would have found it the same way. I think I did everyone a service.

BTW- Thought you were done... I don't need to defend my opinion, if you don't like it then leave.

18. SoL_93GT

They've got better things to do, (like build turbo kits) then spending all day on the forums worrying about who said what. Contacting them directly even if it takes a day or two is still better.

Briane

19. Jake VanAllen

If you two don't play nice both of your ass holes will be stretched out to the size of my foot. I don't think HP knew about the fitment problem till Tim found out. He called them an hour after and let Jimmy know what was going on, they found out QA1 was at fault. I don't think they had time to let you know, and I know for a fact it is now in the up and coming instructions. I do feel Tommy has a right to be angry though. I know I'm a little upset at the time, but I also think he knows if you want it done right it is going to take time. It would just be nice to get an honest answer on time and maybe a phone call on why it is delayed.

20. SoL_93GT

Hey Tommy, I never once said you were bashing HP. Don't put words in my mouth. I just said it was wrong to start a thread complaining about a fitment issue before contacting them directly, it's just not fair to them. Especially since it wasn't your kit. I understand the other "issues". And would also be upset about those things. Comprende?

Briane

bridal-shoal