1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. monstang

jimhp

jim pls let me know the results of this kit as i am looking to purchase one of them in the near future for my 92 lx. t 60 or t66. i do not want too much boost pressure. do you suggest the t 66? what is the limit for stock rails, injectors size ? i have seen the pics and results of your kit am i am very impressed with the quality and power of your product. thanks jim, tom.

2. jimhp

We will be testing the first kit very soon. I will keep everybody posted. Thanks and God bless.

3. lightweight

He's asking about the fox body kit if i read his post right. For his 92 LX. Test results are up already for that kit.:bling:

4. monstang

4" down pipe.

i guess you can't read then. i was talking to jim about the kit with the 4" down pipe. jim replied appropriately. i was also asking jim a few other things about my car such as max injectors for stock rails and if i should run a t66 with less boost instead of a t60 with more boost to produce more power with less rpm. tom.:stickhit:

5. Cellbloccc

Double your pleasure?

Does HP make or plan on making a twin setup?

6. blow_me93

If they do I am sure it will be in the future but you can get the same performance from the single just as you can from a twin setup.

7. buffhomer

No immediate plans, though you never know what may happen down the road.

Also, money talks. ;)

BTW, we just installed a single, eh, I guess you can call it a "custom" HP setup on my car this weekend. Stock motor with a B-cam and we're shooting for deep DEEP into the 10s.

Numbers after this weekend. :cool:

8. Cellbloccc

But twins spool up alot faster than a single turbo...so I've read. Isn't two small turbos more efficient than one big turbo? That seems to be the talk of many professionals at least!!

9. blow_me93

Try not to get off the topic of the thread if you have questions like that take them too the technical board. But as for what I have researched and heard no that is not true at all.

10. Cellbloccc

Sorry if I got off of topic man.

11. Rods

any problems with the oil drain back with the turbo being close to the frame rail ?? (being in the way)esp on 70 mm and up turbos?

12. lightweight

Fits pretty nice in Buffhomers car. No problems with it being close to anything of danger to it.

13. Reef Blue Notch

14. Reef Blue Notch

another pic

15. blow_me93

what kit is that, this thread or is for HP Performance Kits, unless that is a custom job or something if it is not you should post these pics and movie in the BULLSHIT Forum

16. 88SSP

Blow_Me, this shoud answer your question about the type of kit. I thought the same thing you did until I remembered seeing something posted by Buffhomer. I went back to the previous page and found this. Does not look anything like the other HP kit pics, though.

17. blow_me93

Yes it did thanks wonder why they did it so damn different

18. 88SSP

I don't know, but I like the standard kit look better. Looks a little cleaner.

19. blow_me93

:withstu:

20. jimhp

Hey guys,this is not our street kit is is just a kit we threw together for Buffhomers car with stuff we had laying around. Our street kits are much cleaner and jet hot coated. His car has no AC, or PS so that kit would work well for him. Our street kit is and will remain the same as seen in other cars throught this forum. Thanks and God bless.