1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. RICE ETR

YES please either post them or e-mail them to me... i'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!!

-Jarrod

2. 88SSP

Go ahead and post them so us potential buyers can see them. I would appreciate it.

3. sc98gt2

I think what I'll do is put up a small picture page website with about 15-20 pictures so people can get a good idea of different cars and setups. I'll post it tomorrow.

BTW, I'm the one working on the website for HP Performance, I'm just waiting on a little more information before I can get the website up. Thank you for your patients.

~Matt~

4. 88SSP

sounds great. looking forward to it.

5. fastcars321

would the pricing for the kits come down if i didnt need the injectors and the maf? and if so how much? that setup looks sweeet. im really interested in buying a turbo setup. thanks.

6. sc98gt2

Sorry it took so long to get the pictures up, look at the new thread for website.

~Matt~

7. buffhomer

fastcars321---Yes, the price will be adjusted accordingly with the options you do or don't need.

Update on the dyno session. The dyno is at Powertrain Dynamics in Riverside(?) California. The car in question is a '93 Cobra, out of the box Edelbrock Performer heads, Cobra intake (lower matched to Edelbrock runners) and a B-303 cam. The short block is stock with the exception of ARP bolts, stock displacement, crank, rods, etc.

On a run with ~20psi of boost, they had to let off at 4500rpms as the boost was climbing a little too high. The car still put down

630rwhp@4500
    784rwtq@4100

The torque had peaked at 4100rpms but the horsepower was still climbing!! These are actual numbers at sea level, no correction factoring.

They turned the boost down to a more street-friendly level and it peaked at 15psi but was bleeding down to 13psi (need a different boost controller) and the car made

572rwhp@4600
    708rwtq@4000

Again, this is on the stock bottom end (with ARPs), the car has stock electronics with a C&L MAF, 42lb injectors and a 1:1 regulator. The turbo is the stock 60mm that comes base with their kit. transmission is a World Class T-5 with a SPEC Stage III clutch, tires are 28x10.5 ET Drags with 3.73 gears. The power curves are as flat as Kansas, Jimmy will post the dyno sheets tomorrow.

Again, thanks for the interest in the kit guys, keep the feedback coming. :cool:

8. Snipe656

What type of gass was used to get those numbers on the dyno? Sounds like a time bomb with that block still in there ;)

9. buffhomer

hehe It was using Phillips 66 118 octane gasoline, 27* total timing and there was no detonation.

10. rtz

What would the estimated 1/4 mile time be for this car?

11. sc98gt2

Well, the car has already gone 10.5@138 here in town. The altitude at this track is around 5,500ft. above sea level.

I was told that they might drag race it down in Cali. to get an idea of what it would run at sea level. Of course they would be running on the less psi with power at 572rwhp@4600 708rwtq@4000. His run here was with power close to 500rwhp and 650rwtq. So I'm guessing that if the T-5 holds, the car should run somewhere in the very low 10's if not high 9's. Of course, its just a guess.

~Matt~

12. rtz

What rpm is the car shifted at?

13. blackminitubbedlx

93 Cobra specs.

The car is shifted at around 5500 rpm. Thats one of the reasons its still together. It makes power till around 6000 but seems to go faster shifted lower. I have run the car on 50/50 race gas/pump gas without problems. I dont normally do that though. If I am going to even consider racing anyone, its on straight 118 though. We did not get to race the car in Cal. because the photo shoot took to long and the track was 98 miles from where the shoot was. We would have gotten to the track when it was going to close. Plus the 15 hr. drive home afterwards. We decided to wait and run it at on of the upcoming NMRA or Fun Ford events in True street form. Like sc98gt said the car went 10.50@138 at 5800 ft. with 525rwhp & 634rwtq. The air in Cal. was actually a few feet below sea level (like4 ft.) and the tune up was at 572rwhp & 708 rwtq when we left the dyno. I think if the trans stayed in it , it would have gone 10.00's or God forbid even 9.90's ???? I would really like to have run it on the "kill" tune-up (630rwhp&784rwtq) but I didnt think the motor would make it. We shut it down at 4600 rpm on that pull and it was still climbing! Richard Holdner (mm&ff) said he thought it would have been around 660 if he didnt lift, we'll never know! Keep you posted on the current E.T's and MPH #'s when we go. In the mean time if any of you would pray for the stock motor I would appreciate it!!!! Like I told the guys at HP Performance " we're not pulling the motor out untill it tries to come out itself!!!!" No mercy. Anthony

14. jimhp

Rice etr, the kit is designed around, and comes with, a C&L blow through 76. The coating that you see is JET HOT sterling. This coating is standard on all of our kits, and you can't get them without it. However there are other coatings that JET HOT offers that have the same guarantee, that are available. I will post some pics of the kit later today. The lead time for the kit is 14 working days. I want to thank Anthony for taking his car to Cali. I really appreciate all the feed back and feel free to ask all the questions you want.

15. Trentk

Congrats to HP and their customers for putting up some really nice numbers and thanks for coming to our site and answering everyone's questions.

Thank you,

Trent Kendall

16. jimhp

Hey everybody thanks for the feed back. To let everybody know we will be releasing a mid sive frame turbo with a 4'' down pipe for our street kit within a month or two stay tunned things are going to get really exciting real soon. God bless.

17. Bobo

Does HP have a website?

18. calypsocoral

HP Website

Try this:

-invalid link removed-

19. 87blackstang

not much but cool they finally got something up :D

20. monstang

jimhp

jim pls let me know the results of this kit as i am looking to purchase one of them in the near future for my 92 lx. t 60 or t66. i do not want too much boost pressure. do you suggest the t 66? what is the limit for stock rails, injectors size ? i have seen the pics and results of your kit am i am very impressed with the quality and power of your product. thanks jim, tom.