1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. blackminitubbedlx

Wow those pictures look great!! Thanks for posting them. Anthony:D

2. MikeStang5.0

Yea, that kit looks pretty sweet! Can't wait to see the website :D
    How about some quick info on the race kit? :rockon:

3. jimhp

the race kit necessitates the use of a tubular k-member, no acessories,5'' down pipe, custom intercooler built for your car and a BIG TURBO. Thanks for all the responses.

4. MikeStang5.0

I think i'll stick with the street kit....I guess im starting to get old and need P/S and A/C in the summer. Are you guys taking orders on kits yet? Whats the approx. wait time?

5. jimhp

We are taking orders and ship within 14 working days, half up front and half when shipped. Our order of intercooler cores came in on monday and the rest of the kits are complete, we have 10 in stock and have a self impossed minimal of 5 which we have been able to stay above thank God. Give us a call and we will get one out to you.

6. MikeStang5.0

If I had a good motor in my car right now I would...believe me! Unfortunately I need to replace my oil burner first then i'll be ready :D

7. 88SSP

I may be ready for one in the late summer or early fall. Gotta get the rest of the car ready first. Gonna be one helluva ex patrol car.
    Can't wait. LOL. :bling: :D

8. sc98gt2

88SSP,

You should ask Jim about the ex-patrol they just finished putting a HP street kit on. COMPLETELY Stock engine putting down 400+ rwhp numbers (I believe those were uncorrected number's at 5,000 ft. above sea level too :eek: ). Quite impressive, not sure on how long transmission, head gaskets, other related parts will hold up for the long run, but it was looking real good.

9. blackminitubbedlx

The motor will be fine, the problem is the transmission putting up with 660ftlb rwtq.!!!!! Mine gave up the goods first pass!! Anthony:D

10. 88SSP

I will be ready with a DSS Low comp motor and a built C4. I just wish i was doing it right now. HAHA.

11. Tyrant

A couple of questions:

1. Does your current street kit also work on 351's?
    2. Will you be offering a kit for DOHC's (4.6 & 5.4) anytime soon?
    3. When will your website be up and running?
    4. Where are you located?

12. jimhp

We will have to make minor adjustments to our kit before we can sell it for a 351 based car. The 4.6 kit is currently under construction as well as the web site. We are building our own site in our off time, which isnt that much but I am going to make it a priority.

13. blackminitubbedlx

We will be going to our local track to race the Cobra next weekend. We put in a new SPEC race clutch, Z-code T-5 and a two-step. Hopefully we can get down the track with all the gears this time!! Keep you posted on e.t's,mph, etc. Also on how the stock shortblock is doing!!! The block is O-ringed so the boost should eventually hurt the block, we'll see. Anthony:D

14. JeremyMP

Good luck HP!! From the looks great quality!!

15. jimhp

Thank's for the compliment, we really appreciate all the feed back. It is important to our buissiness to know what all you guys are thinking. Keep it up and God bless.

16. buffhomer

Tyrant--they are located in Roswell, New Mexico.

In case anyone cares, here's the kit (almost) installed on that bone stock ex-police car that was mentioned:

17. 88SSP

That pic has me pumped. If it wasn't for the turbo, I would swear that was my car. I am getting way too excited. Let me know what the numbers are on that car in stock trim, will ya.

MMM, Turbo (in best Homer Simpson impersonation, LOL)

18. JeremyMP

Hey buff,

How big a turbo did you get?

How comprehensive is the kit?

19. jimhp

That mustang in the picture made 405HP & 476TQ uncorrected, it made 481HP & 530TQ SAE on 12 psi and 22 degrees of timming. There is a complete run down of our kit on the main page of this site under the heading of turbo kits thanks to Trentk. Our kit does come complete and the car above uses our base 60mm turbo. Keep up the questions I love to here from all of you.God bless

20. 88SSP

Those numbers were achieved by the stock motor? Heads, too. Now I am really pumped. I just wish I could order one today. It will have to wait until September or so, however.

bridal-shoal