1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. jdpepper

Re: Re: Twin Turbo

When will the kits be available for an 03' Cobra? Will your kit come with an intake manifold for these cars? Will I be able to still use the stock HE? Will I lose any accessories(AC)? Will this kit be streetable(I mean every day driving in traffic in all weather conditions)? What is going to be the delivery time for these kits if one was ordered asap? Can you please post pics, dyno #'s, track times of this kit because it is really hard for me to spend this kind of money without seeing one on a car.

Sorry for the long post but i'm very interested, thanks

2. TurboChargedPower

The kits for the Cobra will be released sometime this month. They will be a twin turbo setup. More details will be posted then.

3. buffhomer

Tom is talking about the N/A Cobras, I dont' believe anything is quite ready for the '03s yet.

4. TurboChargedPower

The kits for the GT's and Cobras through '02 will be released by the end of the month; the kit for the '03 Cobra will be basically the same as the '02 except for the intake treatment; as you probably know, the '03 is supercharged and that setup has to go in order to install the turbo system. We currently have an '03 that will be undergoing the transformation in January.

5. clinard

Just Recieved HP Turbo Kit

Heres my website with pics of my HP Turbo Kit, Carbon Fiber Guages, and MSD Ignition. Should be installed in a few weeks!

-invalid link removed-

6. Scott02GT

Wow what a great thread! Tom, glad to see you guys are having great success! When we talked I could tell you were going to really break the Turbo scene open. :cool:

7. L33TX43RT

HP Performance is currently building a kit for the SC. Can 't wait. :D

8. TurboChargedPower

HP 96-04 Twin Turbo Kit is Here !!!!

For those of you who follow this thread and have asked about the 96-04 twin kits, HP Performance is pleased to announce that the anxiously awaited twin turbo system for the 96-04 Mustang GT, Cobra and Mach I is here! As with all our other kits, this kit comes complete with everything.....custom tubular headers, custom CNC mandrel bent tubing, custom aluminum intercooler, billet BOV's, twin 46mm turbos, mass air meter, injectors, custom computer upgrade, JetHot "Sterling" ceramic coating on headers and all tubing and a complete tubular front suspension with k-member, control arms, coil-over conversion and caster/camber plates. There will also be a number of upgrades available for this kit to make up to 1200+ rwhp! This is the kit you've been waiting for! See it now on our website at:

- invalid link removed -

The link to the kit is:

- invalid link removed -

There are also some more photos of the kit installed in a Cobra on this link:

- invalid link removed -

The kit is currently being dyno tested and we will post the numbers here in about a week or so. Stay tuned!!!

9. Scott02GT

Re: HP 96-04 Twin Turbo Kit is Here !!!!

Damn, that looks good Tom:D After talking to you on the phone the other day I checked out the pics of the kit laid out, all I can say is wow. I see he put one of your emblems on it too:cool:

10. gaslight

looks nice.

11. TurboChargedPower

I forgot to mention that the kit also comes with a complete tubular front suspension with k-member, control arms, coil-over conversion and caster/camber plates. I edited the original post to reflect this, but thought I should mention it here.

12. TurboChargedPower

Dyno Results

For those of you following this thread, good News! The 96-04 Mustang twin turbo kit was dyno tested today and the
    results are as follows:

540 rwhp / 520 rwtq @ 11#
    519 rwhp / 489 rwtq @ 10#

The guys will be back in the shop Friday and we will be posting dyno sheets to back this up. The chip is now burned for the kit and we expect to start actual production within the next week. We plan to begin shipments by mid-February.

If you have not seen them, there are photos of this kit on the following links:

- invalid links removed -

More details will be posted soon.

13. XRQTOR

14. Alex332

oh my god..

derr

damn n00bz

15. Trentk

if you have further questions about HP do a search or start a new thread on the tech forum.

Trent

16. Trentk

Update 3-19-04.

HP still doesn't believe I locked this thread because it was simply too large and everyone was using it to ask new questions instead of posting a new thread. So I am unlocking it.