1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. my8950

Yep the whiner here again..

WTF? 405rwhp at altitude with 19# injectors? that roughly equates to 450 at the crank. I guess it would be possible, with maybe 120psi fuel pressure and that would give abolutely no injector control, or much else. Ok, I just re-read and you said they dont use an FMU? How the hell do they make that kid of power then? I am trying to be optimistic here, but a brake specific of .6 on a turbo motor with 19's and a fuel pressure of say 60psi will net 325 hp...I guess you could make 405 at the tire, once...Sounds quite far fetched to me...I am not doubting the capability of the HP kit when assembled properly, but with the necessary components to make it work...I can only assume that with a stock EEC and 19's that this power was also made with the stock fuel pump too right?

2. ShaneH

I'm with you. No way a car with 19lb injectors is going to make 405crank hp and live once it sees the street or track. Fmu or not.

3. my8950

I was thinking maybe they are using some additional unmentioned injectors up front static inline or something...22* timing is probably not very good for the valves either I would think....We all know there is no extra fuel available to do any sort of quench with all that power & heat...Not in my car ya wont!

4. JaxMustang50

5. silverback

19lb/hr injectors will support 450hp at 100% duty cycle at 90psi pressure differential...

6. my8950

Thats nice, 19's static at 90psi...Thats great for injector control & drivability! Among other things...I am sure it'd last long like that....Maybe that is one of their selling points, you know you can run stock injectors at more then 2 times the normal fuel pressure and that way you dont have to buy injectors...I still call WTF?

7. silverback

My point wasn't that it's a good thing, just that it's possible

8. SoL_93GT

Hey guys they used to send fmu's with the kits but now they send 42 lb injectors and no fmu, you would have know this if you actually read the posts. :stickhit:

And I agree with you about the hp capability of 19 lb injectors, thats why they send 42 lb injectors with their kits now.

Briane

9. SoL_93GT

And if you're interested in selling points, hows this:

42lb Ford Racing injectors
    C&L 76 mm Mass Air Meter calibrated to injectors
    SN95 electric fan
    adjustable clutch cable
    255 lph fuel pump
    Jet Hot coating on almost everything
    60 mm Holset/Garret Hybrid turbo that supports 700 hp
    1 3/4" headers, 3" pipes, 3 1/2" down pipe
    1 year warrenty on parts and workmanship, 3 year on coating, and lifetime warrenty on tubing parts.

And you guys will be the first to know after I install it if anything is messed up, but so far everything looks top notch.

Briane

10. mytquik

RWHP Question

Let me interject here with a quick question. What turbo kit would I need to run on the following motor to get 600 rwhp?

Motor:
    4.6L SOHC 8:1 compression
    Blue printed
    Not over bored
    Complete 5 angle valve job left at stock valve size honed/polished
    Manley Rods
    JE Pistons
    03 Cobra Crank
    03 GT Cams
    03Cobra water pump
    Girdled and ARP bolts throughout
    Ford Racing oil pump
    Deep oil pan
    42lb injectors
    Denso 22's
    Stock coil packs and fuel system with the exception of a 190 lph in the tank fuel pump.
    75mm TB (BBK)
    03 90mm Lightning MAF

11. SoL_93GT

- invalid link removed -

Looks like they have a twin turbo kit for your car (asuming you're not putting in 4.6 in fox body) don't think you would have any problem getting 600 hp out of it.

Briane

12. buffhomer

Just got off the phone with Nate (Nathan), he said Dave's LX put down 350rwhp uncorrected with the 19lb injectors and and FMU, at about 9psi or so. Ran out of injector at that point.

The 405 uncorrected (495 corrected) was made with 42lbers.

If you'll read my post I said "IIRC" (If I Remember Correctly) and that it's been a long time. It has been a long time, and I was wrong, sorry for causing such a stir. I'm not one to give incorrect information. :stickhit:

13. TurboChargedPower

Re: RWHP Question

Looks like you on the right track to make some serious horsepower with the right turbo kit. You should be able to easily make 600+ rwhp with our Twinturbo Stage I kit with the 47mm turbos. Your fuel system could stand some upgrading, but that will be done in the kit, and a good ignition system would also help. Of course, heads and an intake would also be nice, but not absolutely essential. These turbos are actually is good to about 800 rwhp, depending on the way you equip your base engine, fuel, tune, and boost levels. We should have photos and dyno numbers available within the next two weeks. With all the power you will have on tap, you may also want to consider some suspension mods. Give us a call at 505-623-1304, and we can help you design a system that is specifically tailored to the goals you have for your car.

14. MagicBus

actually 405 horse isnt that hard to make on 19's and an FMU..

When my car had the S-trim ( bone stock motor), i dynoed around 320-330 at the wheels..
    20% drivetrain loss for an automatic, that puts it around 405 or so at the motor. This was with a 12:1 FMU, 19lb injectors, GSS340 pump, on 90psi of fuel presure.

Never had one problem with that setup.

15. TurboChargedPower

Twin Turbo System

We will start shipping the twin turbo systems for the 96-03 4.6 2V and 4V later this month. Watch this forum or our website at - invalid link removed - for the official announcement and some special introductory prices.

16. mytquik

Twin Turbo

Cool! Is the kit such that a weekend mechanic and a decent set of tools can install it? Or do I need to seek professional installation?

17. icedewd

I dont know your mechanical skills but i really thought the worse part was tapping the oilpad. I hated that part, but the feel of the boost quickly makes you forget about that!!! hehe...

Thanks HP!!!

I just would recommend to make sure you have a Reciprocating saw or Sawzall makes the fitment process much easier.;)

18. TurboChargedPower

Re: Twin Turbo

The kit will be very simple to install; if you have any mechanical ability at all and a set of hand tools, you should be able to do it. We are currently working on a good set of instructions as we have had issues with the old fox body install manual (which we are revising), and we hope to also begin sending instructional VIDEOS with each kit, documenting the entire process. I'd like to take a second to thank those who have given us come constructive advice about our manuals, as we oftentimes fail to realize that the customer doesn't do this every day like we do and some things that are second nature to us are completely new to the customer. However, we also have a great tech department ready to answer any and all questions at any time, so don't be bashful to call us. Anyway, back to the new kit. We expect to be in full production on the kit within 30 days. I will post some pics here and on the website within the next two weeks. You will love it....it is packed with outstanding features and all of our normal excellent quality.....stay tuned.

19. JaxMustang50

Welp, I just went for the first ride with my HP kit. All I can say is Holy God, it is fast. I thought my vortech setup was fast. This thing would run from my old setup. I have some tuning issues to address, nothing major though. Driveability is better with the turbo too, other than the fact that third is now as useless as 2nd and 1st were (no traction.) I love the sound too. I will make a new thread with a write up on it and tons of pictures of the install process.

20. BlackMagic94

Welcome to the HP club my friend!!!:D