1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance turbo kit

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by blackminitubbedlx, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Snipe656

haha ... yeah dude, you know how I am :p

2. Underpsi

Well it seems to me that HP has an over active cheerleading section. I have seen these cheerleading sections really hurt a company. HP should look into firing there cheerleader's before they get drug through the mud. Reminds me of Dean cheerleading for PTK.

One interesting note that was brought up tonight that I agree with, I have never heard of any fitment issues what so ever for any Incon system out there.

[family fued announcer voice]....and the survey says, "That is fucking all!" [/family fued announcer voice]

3. MORA

Im out for a week and all hell breaks loose? damn..

BTW- Im jealous because I dont have a HP turbo kit, but I do have a shop capable of making better kits.. ooopppsss..:D

4. 93Turbo331

You want a cookie oh great one???

5. MORA

no thanks, I dont like your mother, she is not that HOT.

6. TurboNotch

no offense but if that were any gayer I would have expected it out of Richard Simmons mouth...

7. MORA

Im Richard Simmons.

8. TurboNotch

right then.. carry on.

9. MORA

so do I get to bang your mom too? is she hawt??

10. JaxMustang50

Got part of my kit today. I gotta say the quality looks good thus far. Can't wait to see the tubing when it gets here. T-66 makes me drool. I can't wait to get that thing on there.
    The only complaint that I have right now is the time that it took to get it. They had some problems with the turbo housing being on backorder or something like that. Not a horrible long time, but a little longer than it was supposed to be. It looks like it will all be worth it. I am really impressed with the quality of the Tial wastegate.

11. icedewd

tweecer

Just curious if you are running the tweecer now. I am considering one of these but was just curious how hard it was / is to learn. Is there sample configs out there? What about a wideband o2 sensor... will it read one of these?

Mike

12. JaxMustang50

Yes I do run tweecer now, and yes it will work with a wideband. It takes a little while to learn, but it's well worth it. I spent about 2 months on the internet learning as much as possible before hand. Either way, you will love it when you get the hang of it. There are tons of resources available to you so there will always be plenty of support. Go to Tweecer.com and look around, then check out the message boards. It was the best thing I have done to the car.

13. icedewd

this may be a dumb question... but can you tweak anything to do with the transmission? like shift points? my pool lil (factory) aod wants to shift from 2nd to drive at 4500RPM??? Or should i go with the transgo shift kit?

mike

14. SoL_93GT

Well I just received the second box of my Stage 1 60mm kit and tomorrow I'm going to lay everything out in my garage to make sure everything is there. All the pipes look great so far, welds look good, didn't see any holes or anything like that. The coating is awsome. It took quite a bit longer than they said it would to receive everything, so they obviously don't have kits sitting on the shelves but from what I've seen so far it's gonna be well worth the wait. I'm going to install it in the next couple weeks when I get a weekend free, I'll let everyone know how it goes, and how well everything fits. And I just wanted to say that compared to other kits I looked into before buying this kit (again I say so far becasue I haven't installed it yet) I think this kit is a steal, you get bigger diameter pipes, coating on almost everything :bling: and lots of extras, (injectors, fuel pump, fan, clutch cable, mass air meter). And if anyone has any advice to give me because I've never installed a turbo before, it would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has installed this kit on a stock motor could you please let me know how much power you where making and how far you could push the turbo.

Thanks,
    Briane

15. buffhomer

On 12psi on a bone stock 5-liter through a T-5 it put down 405rwhp. A stock motored car in Albuquerque (elev. 5500ft) went mid 12s at 116mph on street tires with the kit.

Dunno what the hold up has been on the kits, I've gone in the shop and seen stacks and stacks of piping ready for shipping, and they're always pumping out more......hm....

/me checks it out

16. H35

377 hp & 412 tq
    Stock motor with an E303 cam & 8psi.

17. SoL_93GT

Are you guys going to go any higher with the boost on the stock motor and which fuel injectors, engine management (if any) are you using and what do you run your timing at?

Thanks,
    Briane

18. icedewd

I just recieved the first box in the series from my kit from HP check out (-invalid link removed- for some pics. There is one with my son holding the turbo talking into it... he is something else. Well i think i recieved everything i was supposed to minus the air filter, Jim said they are sending that out tomorrow. Looks like the instructions could use a little assistance. I may try and help them on that... Also a Parts list with photos would be nice. I admit i am a newbie when it comes to turbos and all but i plan on learning as much as i can. I have put pics up on the site and all.

Well i am looking forward to recieved the rest of the kit...
    Also got the MSD Digital Plus 6 installed with a MSD BTM on the way. I have heard that this is junk so any feed back on that would be great!

Thanks all,
    Mike

19. Barry D.

why don't they just send everything at once? what else are you waiting on that wasn't in those boxes besides a filter?

20. icedewd

That was it. The tubing and Boost controller will be shipped out from Jet Hot Coatings. Once the balance was paid the Jet Hot coated stuff gets shipped out to them then Jet Hot ships it directly from them. This way once the balance is paid in full those last remaining pieces are shipped out. I wish i had known this process upfront as i would have paid in full. I wasnt in a big hurry with now with the weather dropping here in Colorado Springs i am very anxious to get the rest so i can get started while it is above 50s during the day...

Mike

So what does a manual boost controller look like? Like a T-Valve?