1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance Turbo Kit #'s and graphs (pics inside)

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by sc98gt2, Feb 18, 2003.

1. jimhp

You are correct, but so am I if the preesure ratios are identical then flow will be perportionaly the same as it would be on NA motor. Imagine a supercharged motor were you may have 14.7 psi on the intake side or 29.4 with atmosheric pressure, on the exhaust side you will have 14.7 with no restrictions or a 2:1 ratio. On a NA motor the ratio will be very close to 1:1 ratio. If the pressure ratio is 1:1 on a turbo motor the cam specs will probably be close to the same. If the pressure favored the exhaust side the cam specs would need to be changed. I really appreciate all of the feed back take care and God bless.

2. blackminitubbedlx

cam talk

I want to get one of those really cool cams with the "secret" specs. I think the secret is in the "secret". Once I have tried one and if it works, I wont be much help though, because of course the specs are "secret"!!!!! I can tell you how to chose a "secret" spec cam though. The sneakier the specs the faster you'll go. Too bad the Drag Radial class doesnt have a protest rule about motors. I would just protest Dwayne Guttridge and when they have his motor all apart and noone was looking I would the do the old switch-a-roo with his cam for one of mine. I could then go home and see just how "secret" his cam was and have one ground 2 steps sneakier. That should just about gaurantee me to win the next event, right? Think about what I think, and tell me what you think, about what I think. OK? Thanks. By the way HP Performance is the shiznit. Anthony

3. engineguy

Isn't 80% the favorable number for intake to exaust ratio. Anything less and you would run a cam with more exaust duration, anything more and run a cam with more intake duration. How does this theory hold up with a turbo'd engine. On a supercharged engine you'd run a longer exaust duration to offset the extra intake charge. Why wouldn't you do this on a turbo charged engine, or would you????:confused:

4. poochie

fuel system

fuel system set up with the t66 turbo lines etc. rails.

5. Brent Davis

HP Performance?

Did you guys have anything else besides supplying the turbo kit to the 327 carbureted test in the latest MM & Fast Ford?

That 66mm turbo is a beast for that size, not that the 60mm is a slouch either :eek: , just very impressed at the results and at those boost levels. You guys seem to have a good kit that'll definately make the power.

Keep 'em coming, Brent.

6. poochie

turbo on efi

sorry that will be for a efi car fuel lines rails etc. with hp street kit t66 turbo!

7. Brent Davis

Poochie...

In the latest MM & FF's magazine, they probably were about to spill the fuel system out to you but they had electrical gremlins going on when they were trying to make 1000 HP with a GTB 88 turbo. They did make 700 HP from just 7 psi:eek: and with a 11.5:1 A/F ratio.

They were trying to make 1000 HP with the factory EEC-IV and 150 lb injectors and a 96mm mass air-----with a chip though:rolleyes: .

Other than that, they didn't say anything about the fuel system. I'd say call HP and see what they say.

8. jimhp

Hey guys, we did not supply anything except for the turbo related parts. I think on the fuel system for the injected setup they were using 2 aeromotive black pumps 150# injectors and I am not to sure about the rest. Thanks for the feed back and God bless.BTW That is the same turbo on the 347 that has dyno numbers earlier in this thread.

9. engineguy

which month of Muscle mustangs has the article about the carbed turbo engine that you are referring to.:D

10. Brent Davis

11. poochie

t-66 turbo

to jim at hp on your t-66 will that turbo come with a daul turbine wheel on inlet side would like to no! if not i will call you on this also:bling:

12. xlr8

Re: cam talk

13. blackminitubbedlx

Very, very sneaky!!!!

14. jimhp

Our exhaust housings are undevided and we can match the a/r to your combo. Thanks for all of the feed back God bless.

15. Dustyn5.02.5

Do you have any kind of time frame when you might have a kit out for the sn95 bodystyle? -Thanks

16. jimhp

The sn-95 kit is probably a month out but is on the list of things to do. Thanks and God bless.

17. Dustyn5.02.5

18. monstang

turbo kit for 92 lx.

jim i wrote to you a couple of days ago about a kit for my car. i am looking foward to your reply. i am also looking foward to seeing your new down pipe you were talking about 4" right ? thanks, tom.

19. monstang

hello? jim?

jim any graphs and pics of a fox kit with t66? 4" down pipe? thanks jim, tom.:rockon: