1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by TurboChargedPower, Jan 14, 2004.

1. BlackMagic94

Hp 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Average numbers are what are really important in a dyno curve not the peak numbers.

2. snkypete

Exactly, thank you.

And that is why I want to see them....Not out of jealousy, out of curiosity. I have been collecting turbo modular information for a while.

There are some cars I am jealous of....however this is not one of them. I do ok with my own car, thanks. For someone to say I don't believe them out of jealous is quite hysterical actually.

3. Barry D.

here is a good example of why i don't pay too much attention to peak numbers. one of these cars makes 678rwhp, the other makes 701rwhp, only 23hp difference - not much at that level right? i dunno, take a look at the difference of power curves and average power...

(gotta love the curves or lack thereof that the automatic makes)

4. 93Turbo331

I stood corrected by Snipe about you SnkyPete... but then you had to ruin it after you opened your mouth again... I was going to give you props about your accomplishments with MM&FF, something that I will probably never see in my life. My car is also very "de-tuned" right now as well. That 512rwhp number was after we backed the timing way off and poured as much fuel as we could at the motor during WOT to keep on the safe side. And also that was while my clutch was slipping. Also, as far as racing you for money, I would sure hope an old man like yourself can build a faster car than a 20yr old in college with all the money you have, maybe when I'm old and rich I'll come on here and ask the young kids scrapping for money trying to make their cars fast to race me for money too :rolleyes:

5. Snipe656

Yeah, I should have left my mouth shut :)

I am a little confused and probably because I have not gone back in the thread, is this twin turbo Cobra yours or are you just a different customer of HP's who commented on the car when it was dyno'd?

6. 93Turbo331

I'm gonna go with the supra winning that race :D

7. Barry D.

heheh, i'm 20 and in college too
    :cheers:

8. 93Turbo331

No, I'm just a different customer... the thread caught my eye because I'm trying to get my dad to take his 03 Cobra into the "dark side" and put a turbo kit on it... he liked every thing about the way my car turned out so he's been pondering the idea.

9. 93Turbo331

heh nice... I'll give you the honors of racing snkypete then :D

10. snkypete

All the money I have.... :rolleyes: Yeah, I'm Mr. Rich....that's a joke. Old? Eh, I feel old sometimes, but I am anything but.

I only opened my mouth to reply to your dumbass comment trying to start a fight with me...

And you stating that you're 20 only proves my original point that the 'raving accolade' from a customer was ridiculous....and something someone who is only 20 would say. It was BS propaganda from them to avoid the fact that they STILL have not provided dyno sheets.....what's so hard about doing this? Just proves that there are only 1-2 turbo companies that have their act together and none of them make a modular kit. This is almost as bad as announcing a kit before it's ready. My point was that I hoped they would sit back and watch the mistakes other companies are making and learn from them....not repeat them....same thing I said to Brad, same thing I said to Tim Barth....at least Tim seems to be listening....

Great your car is detuned....it's also a worked 331ci motor. My numbers are on a stock piece of shit 2v motor with those great rods....try pushing more than that through a 2v and see how long it lasts. Talk to me when the stroker motor is in the car and it's a fair comparison....

Defend HP all you want, I really don't care. I wasn't bashing their kit....I was bashing their agenda of coming on and announcing numbers and then not providing data - something I will (and have) done to anyone.

Fact is I don't have a problem with you other than you decided you wanted to start a fight with me...that's fine. I don't know you, I honestly don't give a fuck about you. You have a great car for a 20 year old and in all seriousness you should be proud.....but hey, I had a great car when I was 20 too.....Just be careful when you don't know all the facts.

As for your dad's car, if you're serious about wanting a 03 cobra turbo, call X2C, they will be your best bet. Mark has done some great things with the 03 cobras.

11. Trentk

This thread is getting out of hand. Everyone play nice.

Trent

12. Trentk

I locked this thread because it was getting off topic, but that decision was met with disapproval so it is unlocked now.