1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by TurboChargedPower, Jan 14, 2004.

1. jimhp

Hp 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Hay everybody, we returned home yesterday afternoon and are very happy with the results of our 4v cobra kit. First things first, the car had a K&N filter and weld in flowmasters on his stock cat back these were the only modifications previously done to the car. We added subframe connecters, rear controll arms a t-56 tranni and a stage 2 spec clutch. The car is a 97 cobra with our base kit in place. on 8psi and 14 degrees of total timming the cobra made 460 rwhp at this point we installed a crane ignition and at 10psi the car made 519rwhp at 13 degrees of timming. Happy with these # but amazed at how much 2 psi was worth we decided to mix 2 gallons of 114 octane with the 4 remaining gallons of 91 octane which is what we used on all the other tests and raised the boost to 11psi and made 540rwhp and 519 rwtq still at only 13 degrees of total timming. The curve looks great and the car is very responsive. We will post the graphs shortly. BTW the car drives like a stocker and is super quiet. Take care and God bless.

2. RICE ETR

I think the kit looks great, seems to make impressive power and also it looks as if there is plenty of room to grow.

Hey Tom and Jim... this is Jarrod... yea the one who has been bothering the heII out of you guys concerning the Ls1 Kit.
    I have been adding up the cost of making my own kit.... and have also been bothering a few people (sorry:) ) on this board looking for parts/info..... so before i start buying stuff, you guys need to get that kit together! :D :D

-Jarrod

3. BlackMagic94

Impressive numbers and good job on the kit Jimmy.

4. Snipe656

Maybe it says in one of the threads on here, did not noticed on the site. What does the
    consist of?

5. snkypete

Sorry, I don't give anyone a break - this isn't directed merely at you. Fact remains that peak numbers really don't mean anything and anyone can produce a peak number on a DynoJet that really doesn't mean anything. I'd like to see air fuel numbers; I'd like to see it in a real world situation with a load on it. You can make all the peak numbers you want on a non-load bearing dyno only to pop the first time a real load is placed upon it on the street.

Because someone called saying it was making 'ridiculous' power means even less....come one, let's stop the BS slick salesman routine, please? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have haerd in a while....

The '94 isn't relevant...last time I checked a '94 is not a modular motor. Same with the '93....not relevant.

The point I was making is all of these companies can come on here and hype this and that about their product, yet when asked for details - they can never supply any. It's now been 4 days since your post and still no dyno sheets....it's just very ironic that when it's convenient to post about the kit time can be found to make a post, but when it comes time to back it up, people always get conveniently 'busy'....

Sorry, but the last thing the Mustang turbo world needs is more bullshit.

6. TurboChargedPower

Dyno numbers are just dyno numbers, we know they don't represent street driving. As I said, they are just an indicator.....but everyone uses them as a basis for comparison. The members of this community are intelligent enough to judge them for themselves when they are posted. However, our customer's cars have proven the kind of horsepower/torque they make with our kits in "real world situations".

Because someone called saying it was making 'ridiculous' power means even less....come one, let's stop the BS slick salesman routine, please? That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have haerd in a while....

The customer comments we release are just reported as they come to us. Their comments are unsolicted and we post them on our website along with their sources. Again, the Mustang enthusiasts who read this forum will make their own judgements about their validity.

The '94 isn't relevant...last time I checked a '94 is not a modular motor. Same with the '93....not relevant.

The statement about the '93 or the '94 sheets wasn't made to infer that that data was relevant to the '97 numbers. The statement was simply misunderstood. It was just made to demonstrate that we do post dyno sheets; after all, that's what you asked for. We clearly stated "Getting the dyno sheets posted takes a little longer, but providing dyno sheets is not new to us. If you'd like, just go to our website and you can view some at the following link".

The point I was making is all of these companies can come on here and hype this and that about their product, yet when asked for details - they can never supply any. It's now been 4 days since your post and still no dyno sheets....it's just very ironic that when it's convenient to post about the kit time can be found to make a post, but when it comes time to back it up, people always get conveniently 'busy'....

As we stated, we will post the dyno sheets as soon as possible, but we aren't out to "prove" anything with them. Let the customer decide.

Sorry, but the last thing the Mustang turbo world needs is more bullshit.

As far as "BS" is concerned, we are just doing our best to supply a quality kit that performs. From what we see, the market out there is pretty demanding of real results. If you want "real world", let the people who put them on their cars be the judge. So far, our record on that issue is pretty good, and I think the Mustang enthusiast community is benefitting from having more performance choices today than ever before. After all, isn't that what we all want?

7. snkypete

I think what we all want are companies that delivery a quality product, on time, that delivers what they promise.

While dyno numbers are what most people use to compare setups, that doesn't make it right - and again, anyone can slap a car on a non load bearing dyno and get a number. I could get 500rwhp out of a 2v modular without a problem too - I wouldn't take it down off the dyno though if you want it to last.

I could care less if the "report" was solicited or unsolicited...it was a joke, plain and simple and something I would expect a door to door salesman to say, not a reputable turbo company. Perhaps this "customer" has never been in anything more than a stock vehicle and hey, that's great....while a report like that might be great for StangNet or the Korral, it's safe to say the member community here is a bit smarter than those two.

I didn't ask for dyno sheets for previous cars - I asked for them for this car....it's been how many days and you still haven't posted them? This isn't against you personally - *ALL* turbo companies play this ridiculous game....I for one am just tired of it as I am sure most others are as well. "As soon as possible"...give me a break. It takes 30 seconds to convert a dyno run into a file and maybe a minute to post it. One would think a company looking to get a foot hold in the modular world would make it their priority to post them - not vanish for almost a week. Unfortunately I have ran a dyno for almost 4 years so I know what is involved so you can't really trick me....it doesn't take a miracle to do....if you want to sell kits, you are correct that you need dyno numbers....so why not produce them then?

I am the FIRST person who has always said the more kits on the market the better....but I am also the first person to say the last thing we need is another company playing games....we have more than enough of those already.

8. TurboChargedPower

We are indeed sorry to have offended you, but we stand by our comments. We are not playing any games here.....we don't post numbers we can't back up. We want to post the sheets more than anyone, and we will post the sheets when we have them. The guys at the dyno in California are sending them to us when they have time to do so.....we don't own them or their dyno and we can't force them to move any faster than they are. You are right though.....when all the facts are in, let the member community here make their own judgements, both of your comments and ours. We aren't here to get into a match of wits with a dedicated Mustang fan.....we just want to build kits, go fast and have fun.

9. snkypete

You didn't offend me....but if you're going to come on and spam a new product and then not provide information what do you expect?

Personally I like certain aspects of your kit...it's not about that, and I have nothing against you or your company.

It's about turbo companies stopping the crap and doing what is right. Set the example - be the leader...don't follow the others with empty promises.

I don't own the dyno either, but 1) the person who paid for the dyno time is entitled to their print outs at the very least and could scan them 2)as a business owner with a new kit, if it were ME, I'd be on the phone hounding them every hour to get the file.... if I need a print out, I am fortunate enough to go to the shop and do it myself...but anyone else can go to the shop and ask the office manager to do it for them.

10. TurboChargedPower

Thanks for clarifying that you are addressing all turbo companies, not just us. However, I'm don't recall that we have made any empty promises. Maybe we aren't as timely in providing information as some might like, but our track record speaks for itself; we do our very best to keep our promises. It is unfortunate that "all" turbo companies are painted with the same brush just because we are in the same industry. Again, we assure you that dyno sheets will be posted as soon as possible.....I'm sure you will check up on us on this issue. By the way, we are a paying sponsor of this site and support its purposes and events. However, our responses to legitimate questions from members are not spam. We were asked for dyno results and we posted them.

11. TurboChargedPower

Sorry Aaron, but snkypete and I got a little off thread there.....the fuel pump is an in-tank 255 lph pump. For the larger turbo upgrades that will be available, we will use a different pump (or pumps) as required.

12. snkypete

You realize the 255lph in tanks have been proven to burn up and be unreliable in the returnless systems? They really need the 03 cobra pumps - the Steeda setup at a minimum.

13. TurboChargedPower

We know that the 255 lph pumps are not suitable for the returnless fuel systems. The 255 lph pumps will only be on the return-type system cars. The returnless system cars get the Cobra pumps. That's why we didn't specify the pump type on the specs given on the website and simply said "fuel pump upgrade". It was for this reason that Snipe asked the question.

14. snkypete

Cool, just making sure....

15. Snipe656

Does the price change on the returnless system cars? Isn't there some drop in pump that works on those cars, like a Chicane one or something along those lines that avoids doing the 03 cobra pump and tank swap.

16. TurboChargedPower

We will be doing an '01 Cobra this coming week and we'll let you know what pump(s) we use. It is our intention to make the install as painless as possible and provide everything needed to get the performance we are looking for.

17. 93Turbo331

Just wanted to clarify that the "customer" calling that was amazed with the power was me and to let ya know SnkyPete I have been in a car that isn't stock, in fact the car is now over 500rwhp with 7psi and a junk tune on a slipping clutch. I think the fact that your car isn't making quite the power that was produced by these "dyno numbers" is whats making you most anxious to be shown proof of them maybe? Who knows maybe I'm way off, but all in all, I think you need to calm down a little about the dyno sheets, I bet if you were asked to see the dyno sheets or a naked supermodel on your bed right now you just might choose the dyno sheets at this point huh? heh... sorry for chiming in... game on

18. Snipe656

You are wrong on Pete, just takes knowing him I think to read him online, because he is interpretted(sp?) wrong quite often. If you cared, you could search on posts from him, one thing you will find is his car is very detuned right now after he lost one motor to too much power and wanted to just have the car running so it could be shown at shows.

The dyno sheets is just something some past places were always very bad about, makes it sometimes a uphill battle for new companies with certain people in the "hobby". Not saying that is right, just my interpretation(sp?) of why that happens from time to time on here.

I do know one thing for certain, a year or so ago when I did a GP on some 2V kits, the biggest thing with all the potential people was they absolutely had to see dyno sheets. I never understood why that was exactly, seemed to be a huge desire from the 2V crowd in order to accept turbo power. Most of them would not even accept owners of cars saying the numbers they made, the people just had to see the sheets or images of them. Still makes no sense to me, but oh well that was then.

What is this I hear about a 2V getting dyno'd with this kit? Is that true or just someone mistaking this Cobra for a GT in their readings online?

19. lousblk01gt

Most of the cars tuned to around 400rwhp all had power dives in the upper rpm's. People would look at that and feel that a sc car was better because it made more power for the last 500rpm's even though the average of the turbo power band was significantly higher. So no dyno sheets would mean no questions right?;)

20. snkypete

Yeah you are way off and you do need to get a clue. My car makes exactly what it should be making....perhaps you need to read a bit better. The fact that I am not an idiot and overtune a motor so it will self destruct is a bit smarter than the guy bragging about making more power....

I don't need to calm down about anything...

My car does just fine....if you'd like to find out first hand this season, put some cash up...otherwise just go away.

Fact is here we are how many days later and still no dyno sheets???

No one cares about the pushrods...this is about the modulars.

No one cares about peak numbers...well no one that has a clue about dyno numbers anyway.