1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HP Performance 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by TurboChargedPower, Jan 14, 2004.

1. snkypete

Hp 96-04 Twin Turbo Dyno Results

I know the Tubolocity guys were running 8psi, not sure about the TDC kit, but those numbers were from CrisBCritter and he was either 8 or 10, I don't recall...I know the timing was very aggressive though as evident in the graph in his spike.

I'm running a GT61BB, the other Turbolocity cars were running T64's I believe.

Me detuned, I am above 400rwtq from 3400 to 4800...,
    This content is protected
    too shabby. Can't wait to see what the tuners can do in person instead of over the phone....and with 2x the boost.

2. BlackStripes

You can add my car to compare with the turbos.

Stock engine, exhaust manifold and intake. 11 PSI from a Vortech SQ.

Numbers

3. Snipe656

I thought it was a bone stock car, just wanted to verify and more so just for people who might read the thread. Hope he/she plans to trashcan the stock mufflers if they are still there, though I guess it makes for a SUPER quiet car.

4. snkypete

I'm still REALLY quiet with the Magnaflows...the stockers are just really, really restrictive.

5. Snipe656

Were you the person who ran the stockers for a bit? I remember some 2V person did, but can not remember what type of gain they saw power wise after switching.

6. snkypete

Yeah but I swapped the turbo as well so I couldn't verify the power gain. But before with the old T64 and stock mufflers power died significantly on they dyno - as did boost....didn't do it on the street though. What started the viscous cycle that lead to me running 16psi :)

7. BlackStripes

From other thread (about this dyno result) :

:jawdrop:

8. Snipe656

Sounds about right, did you catch the PTK thread with a bunch of dyno results?

9. BlackStripes

I just did, since you point it out...

nice numbers indeed from PTK.

Snipe656, what about you showing off your skills and put a nice database and graphics online, so we can see and compare data ? :D

10. Snipe656

I am going to try doing that, I sent a PM to Keith asking if I could copy the graphs from his new site once it is online so I can use the data. Not sure if it will be great graphs or not, I have yet to make multi line ones, I was doing a lot of bar and pie 3D ones for reports here, but heck have to learn at some point :)

11. snkypete

I don't understand why none of these companies can produce dyno sheets...

Personally I don't give a shit about peak hp numbers - I want to see curves! Even Brad had a hard time producing a dyno sheet so I'm not singling anyone out...

But come on - the run can easily be kicked out of the computer and turned into an image or someone could scan the sheet.....

Peak numbers are bullshit.

12. Snipe656

I just glanced at PTK's site and they had 4-5 dyno sheets for different cars that I saw. I think HPs site has some dyno sheets as well.

13. snkypete

Well link them up oh turbowizard....

14. Snipe656

Most were for 5.0 kits, but like I said earlier I am waiting for permission from them to use what will be on their new site they mentioned coming soon.

15. BlackStripes

Aaron,

here is an stupid excel sample of how to calculate the area under the curve in a dyno sheet. Just basic idea of integrals. Of course, the more data, the more accurate.

Area

ps. Sorry if i insulted your math knowledge.

edit: I can't type

16. Snipe656

Insult away, I only have a couple years of engineering calculus(sp?) under my belt and that was many years ago and many beers ago :)

I am going to see if I can just store the numbers in a lookup table then be able to select 3-4 combos from it and then have it plot those lines in a graph built with flash. It will give me a chance to be a nerd, been thinking about doing this for awhile actually as I read about various cars on here.

17. Pro Turbo Kits

Dyno Graphs

You guy's are 100% correct on the dyno graphs. I do not put much emphasis on them but they are a good indicator of where and how the car is making power

We have not done a good job of keeping track of them quite honestly, last time I checked Murillo had close to 25-30 dyno graphs from our kits ( 10-12 are Modular Kits ) and we will get them together for our new web site, look for dyno sheets on our new web site around mid February.

Keith

18. lightweight

The mufflers on the 97 Cobra are Flowmasters, which is probably almost as bad as having the stockers on there if you ask me. I dont remember if they were 2 or 3 chambers though, but it was pretty damn quiet out back for sure.

19. Snipe656

Sounds like Wesleys car, I think he still has flowmasters on his PTK equiped Cobra.

20. TurboChargedPower

We just got the numbers over the phone last night....give us a little break here. People were pounding on us for numbers, so we gave them. Getting the dyno sheets posted takes a little longer, but providing dyno sheets is not new to us. If you'd like, just go to our website and you can view some at the following link:

http://www.turbochargedpower.com/Customer Cars.htm

Check out the Black '94 GT (again, a completely stock car) and the 1993 Cobra (stock short block 5.0). We will also post the sheets on the twin turbo Cobra as soon as possible.

Truth is, dyno sheets are only an indicator.....the seat of the pants is where it counts. Had someone call us today after installing his kit and he was completely freaked out at the "ridiculous amounts of power it made".......as we all know, and the world will soon learn......TURBOS RULE!

bridal-shoal