1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

How long till it grenades? ( It never did! Go figure.) Grenade part 2 to come.

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by trbo355, Apr 25, 2006.

1. screamin363

I want video of that wheelie!!!!!!

2. trbo355

Get on youtube and search for the video title "Marty.mpg". Its badass! :stupid:

The cars is all fixed and happily cruising the streets once again at 1/8 throttle and enjoying a nice vacation from the shit ton of abuse lately. Its amazing how smooth and streetable it really is. I even railed it thru a twisty mountain road today with the stock GTA 16 inch rims and Kumho tires it still corners as good or better than stock! Same exact suspension setup as the dragstrip too.
    I guess i built it that way but am still surprised it dual purposes so well. :2thumbs:

3. Transamthunder

That sure was bad hammer to thepavement. Loved the vid either way and how that bad bird drives for ya.

4. furchaser

What Vid .... ? I looked all around Youfart and came up with NADDA... if you have a link post it.

5. trbo355

Thanks man! Its taken YEARS to get the car where i want it and i guess perseverance pays off when finding the right combo of parts and tune.

6. watahyahknow

7. ibuildm

&feature=player_embedded[/url]

8. furchaser

That's the one thanks. :2thumbs:

9. mog-10

i have been inspired to turbo my 400 509 block that had been bored over .60 and see how long it lasts

10. trbo355

Might as well. The main webs are weaker with the giant bore but who cares! :D

11. mog-10

it is built with forged parts 20k on it and i got it for cheap with some horse trading im thinking of doing a half fill on it so if it blows it blows i just hope it dont take the heads with it lol

12. trbo355

From what ive read, every block that got a short fill still broke but did it right where the fill stops. Quick 79 that used to post here had a 400 block in a Cutlass and went in the 9's before he split a cylinder bore.
    I think he had a 509 block but not sure.

13. watahyahknow

would a girdle work making the mainweb stronger ?

14. Batass

I don't believe they help.

What about a full fill and use alcohol or maybe E85? The motor won't get nearly as hot with alcohol, and its also much cheaper than race gas. I'm guessing E85 runs about as cool as alky. Won't need an intercooler either.

15. RacerRick

I have an 817 400 block that we put on some spayed billet caps, and still have to do the short fill on. Its actually very think however - sonic checking at around 1/4" everywhere. The bores are clean enough that I could just use a stock bore pistons. I am hoping it stays together.

16. trbo355

I would think splayed caps would make it stronger by tying into more of the meaty pan rail area but i dunno if theory matches reality. From what ive read and seen pictures of, the problem is the larger bore size undermines quite a bit more of the main webbing so they just rip out. Wouldnt splayed caps help that problem out in a big way?? :huh:

17. g80malibu

keep the revs down around 6000 and it will stay together longer than you think,about 750hp is where they start flying apart.but who knows :stupid:

18. flyinhillbilly

i love the ghetto ass wheels on the back in this video

19. mog-10

ya im going to do a half fill on it and run it on e85 and see how is works :stupid: (someday) and if it splits a wall ill just use the cank and rods if thir still good in my stock bore 350 :2thumbs:

20. trbo355

Hey chevy rally wheels are COOL. Dont forget it! Plus a car always goes faster if it looks like a bunch of junkyard shit thrown together. Right Hillbilly? :D