1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley 6210 needle and seats

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by MasonsTurbos10, Aug 2, 2014.

1. MasonsTurbos10

So doing this will fix my lean spot?

2. H.P.Ranch

What eles do you have in mind?

3. MasonsTurbos10

I was going to try and put the other metering block I have and see if that changes anything.

4. MasonsTurbos10

And change plugs [​IMG][​IMG]#ad

5. David Herbertsson

Relocating the idle jet, is that something people actually do? I have never heard about it before, but that doesn't mean much. You need to adjust your idle mixture screws when you change from no carb hat and vice versa. The difference in airflow needs to be compensated. If it dies when you put the hat on, even when you have adjusted the idle mixture correct, then it sounds more like your covering something when you put the hat on? Idle air bleeds covered by the gasket or something strange? Does it happen only around 2000 rpm? I think it's just a basic adjustment that's needed.

/David

6. MasonsTurbos10

7. H.P.Ranch

What would make it rich at 2k? More fuel maybe, hum, where is the fuel coming from at 2k to make it richer? Thats what I would work on.:encouragement:

8. MasonsTurbos10

That's a video from today.

9. MasonsTurbos10

Took it out and rich. Came back and put 74 in the secondaries and still rich. Came back and it was idling really lean. Took some carb cleaner and sprayed around the base plate gasket and it revved up a little so looks like the gasket between the throttle blade and main body is bad because the base is tight. I'll take the carb off and do a full rebuild. Bout all I can do.

10. MasonsTurbos10

The leaky gasket is an understandable reason for the lean idle that came at the end of our day. But it still went rich when he took it back out. Hopefully a full rebuild will find the culprit

11. MasonsTurbos10

Carbs rebuilt. Swapped the original metering block on- undrilled- and fixed blown gasket between the throttle plate and main body.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad
    as you can see we also drilled and tapped the holes bigger using longer screws and they go all the way through and have good threads.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Also braised the vent tubes together and flared the ends.
    [​IMG]#ad

12. MasonsTurbos10

Hey David, we are doing pretty good with it now. 63 and 68 seems good. It's a little lean for my liking during cruise- 14.5-15:1- but under wot it is at 12.5:1 so we are happy. Might add a jet in the primaries to keep it happy at cruise but it's running pretty good. Last run we tried to give it some timing and it decided to detonate a little and blew the power valve so I ordered a set of the correct floats- for internally adjusted needle and seats- and I'll change the power valve. Also bought some new plugs. Getting there. How much timing are you pulling with boost?