1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley 6210 needle and seats

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by MasonsTurbos10, Aug 2, 2014.

1. MasonsTurbos10

Do you have vent exstentions? I'm really rich with 63 and 83, I have 5 power valve, and 25 squirter in primary and 35 in secondary I think... Don't hold me to that. And my PVCR's are drilled. Thanks for that info.
    Well come to find out, our floats were really far off on adjusting, I don't remember how we adjusted them before but they were far from being 1/4 hahah

2. David Herbertsson

Yes I have vent extensions. I think I will be able to take some jet away tomorrow. How big did you drill the pvcr's? Haha, I have done the same thing on my floats before. Does it run well with boost? /David

3. MasonsTurbos10

Haven't had the chance to take it out on the street yet. Was waiting on my new fuel system.

4. MasonsTurbos10

And I drilled them 5/64
    My vent tube extensions are about 10-12 inches long

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  5. MasonsTurbos10

Oh boy does it run great now. Fuel pressure steady at 6 and now we just need to take it out on the street. We are locked in the drive way hahah

6. David Herbertsson

Sounds good! Have you gotten any boost on it yet?

/David

7. MasonsTurbos10

I've got the chance to pull it out of the garage and put it back in: that's it

8. David Herbertsson

Still no real test drive? I have mine at 11 psi now, runs good! (exept for an overheating issue..)

/David

9. MasonsTurbos10

Fuel pump issues:( should have a new pump soon

10. MasonsTurbos10

How's the car doing?
    What cam were you running and what's your jetting and squirters looking like now

11. David Herbertsson

It´s doing good, except for the overheating:)
    I´m running the Sum-1105 cam and the squirters are as above, i´ll double check the jetting, but i think i have 65 in the primary's now. The pvcr´s is now 0,0944", will test tomorrow again and see if it´s enough.

/David

12. MasonsTurbos10

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

How much different do you think this will cause my tuning to be?

13. David Herbertsson

I'm no expert:) You have stock heads but 45 cui more than me, i would guess that your jetting ends up being the same as mine? Perhaps you don't need to drill the pvcr's as much since i guess my turbo should be more effective and the VE in my engine should be higher in the upper ram's, due to the cam and the ported heads. But this is just guessing on my part.. It will be interesting to see where we end up with our tuning!

/David

14. MasonsTurbos10

I forgot you had a 305.

15. MasonsTurbos10

Well fuel system seems great, seems like the problem is the needle and seat still. Pressure holds steady when we tap the fuel bowls with a screw driver but jumps again after. I'm sure hoping this thing is finished soon. The local tracks last day is October 29 so I still have some time but I want to drive

16. TurboComet

I had a 6210 several years ago... one of my favorite Holley carbs ever! I hated the needle and seat design as well as the float design in that carb, so I converted it over to 4150 float bowls with adjustable needle and seats off of another carb I had. I had to tweak the accelerator pump arms a bit to get the geometry correct once the 4150 bowls were installed on the 6210, but everything worked great.

17. MasonsTurbos10

So you never found the right float setting??

18. MasonsTurbos10

I ordered a new set of .110 needle and seats from jegs today. David what are your floats set at?

19. David Herbertsson

Sorry to hear that it's not working for you. I don't remember exactly.. It is set according to the specs from Holley. When you change the needle and seat, make sure that they seal completely when you turn them up and down and blow as hard as you can in the inlet. Turn them up and down several times and try. Is your gauge correct? My first one wasn't so the pressure was to high because of that. Since I fixed the floats, mine haven't flooded at all. You will get it to work!

/David

20. MasonsTurbos10

I ordered a new set of .110 needle and seats from jegs today. David what are your floats set at?