1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

High boost on stock Gm 350 block?

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by Svante, Sep 12, 2007.

1. trbo355

Actually the 882's dont really crack that often but they do run hot as hell in the center due to the dual heat riser ports in the center 2 exh. ports instead of just one like most heads. The exhaust ports suck bigtime though!
    I still wanna see pix of a 4 inch bore SBC that splattered its mains. If you hear people talk about a 400 block, the next words they say is "cracked cylinder bore". You dont hear that about 4 inch bore blocks. Interesting when you think the siamese bores would help to stabilize a 4.125 block compared to the good ol' 350 block.

2. ash

i opened up my std oem block after racing the other day
    have tiny ,tiny fret marks on # 1 and # 3 main caps.. have arp stud kit..
    same main bearings in it from the first build, changed b/e several times until i got clearance right
    1/2 grout filled
    .... just adding up the runs on it....
    75 dyno pulls... 60 % of the pulls at 800 hp to 1016 hp/960 ft/lbs
    2 years racing...
    last race meeting @ nationals went 7.2 @190
    twin gtk's 355 ci
    BUT i keep the rpm down... less than 6600.............
    burnout @ 6600, launch @ 4400, Shift @ 6200, across the line @ 6450
    ( bowtie block sitting in corner of shed...)

cheers
    ash

3. Robert1320

We broke an 010 350. We pulled the rear main cap out of the block.
    The motor had been flogged, alot, and last dyno pulls made 1117+.
    And spotting the mains.
    Four passes later it pulled the back of the block out.

4. flynbrian

I think that last post says it all....1117+ HP!.......and the word "ALOT" I am downright impressed. If you break one you did something wrong I will assume....

5. trbo355

Wow! Im looking forward to tearing down the grenade and seeing how it looks. I know its doing the impossible but its been doing it for so long now i kind of got used to it. Maybe just pure luck but for god sakes its not even a 4 bolt! :huh:

6. silverback

usually it's not the cylinder bore but the thin spot in the webbing between the bore and the mains. The smaller bore on the 350's makes that less likely.

7. Nice Chevelle

Nice thread here with real world results. :2thumbs:

I am rebuilding my 383 (GM 010 block), short fill, steel main caps, forged crank and pistons......S400 on pump gas.
    I should be fine.....not gonna push it past 800.

8. shoebox1.1

trbo355... there are so many pages on you i cant even begin to keep track of your stuff. :) just for the record how fast are you going now and with what block?