1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Help My Spool! Input needed! 74GTS 331

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by notch, Sep 30, 2005.

1. notch

Shane, I cant do that, it will kick down to 2nd, but I'll mess with it and see what I can some up with. Thanks, I just got a new laptop and setting up the new PMS logging stuff. I'll post when I can get some info, Thanks!

2. Pro Tech 1

What is your A/F and your timing at between 2000 and 3000 rpms..?? If you to fat with your A/F at that point of your stall , it will slow your spool time thru out your entire run.! Add some timing to see if that helps your spool and if your too rich at that point , the added timing will lean your A/F to make more power to build boost.........!

3. platedturbonotch

im also running the gt42 76mm 1.16,my shit spools fast,well about 3,200 on a 331

4. Rods

i used to run a T70 with the TSI aod i had a 81 a/r p trim and i had some lagg time butt i only saw 15lbs @ 6k , i took my by pass valve off ( plugged it ) and pegged the 20lb gauge by 4 k , i would remove anything that could leak after the turbo valves and such if possiable and just watch yr boost

5. paul nieto

Sounds like the converter is too tight. Need a higher stall. When you 60 ft your rpm are low cuase of the converter. I think if it stalls higher that turbo should make more boost at a lower rpm. It shouldn't feel like a supercharger. Boost should come up faster but stall should be higher. Higher stall=Higher boost sooner =harder luanch. you should be low 1.5 60fts or better. You've got 138 mph,that's great 9.50 to 70 et speed. Let the rpms climb till it stops pulling then manually shift. :2thumbs:

6. svooh

You other guys with similar turbos/displacement...compare cam specs with the subject Bennett cam in this thread. I think you'll find some insight into that.
    Your turbo engine combo should be lightning fast like the others...especially with a tighter convertor. I bet your exhaust downpipe and such is very free flowing too??? The smaller A/R will help, but it's just a patch...it will run out of steam up top.
    I'm leaning toward the cam being wrong for the setup. :cool: