1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

HELP!! Cam #'s from Cam motion

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by orangedemon331, Apr 3, 2007.

1. orangedemon331

Cam Motion said to use springs that were 260# on the seat, thier part # is K950!

2. Don Bailey

The cam was fine at all rpm ranges. Don't expect that cam to make any power at 2000 RPM but it never had bad manners.

I run TONS of spring pressure with solid roller cams. I have never hurt a cam bearing. It does NOT take more power to use a heavy spring. And when you skimp on springs you will damage valve train.

3. 93weezer

Well I guess my incident was a freek thing. As far as spring pressures go would you use a spring that has 650lbs. open pressure on a .500in. lift cam- Didn't think so. Just Use what the cam company recomends. Also you could look into a rev kit.

4. Don Bailey

Statement like that demonstrate you have little understanding of valve train technology. The appropriate spring pressure is a function of cylinder pressure, RPM and cam profile. .500" lift by itself means NOTHING. Rev Kits are band aid fixes for people who don't understand valve train set-up.

5. 93weezer

It was supposed to be an exagerated figure for an example only!!!

6. Robert1320

None of this is personal.

I am posting the what and where I have been.
    I know Don's knowledge surpasses mine, experiance also.

Don't be afraid of valve springs and "big lift".

7. orangedemon331

Oh by no means am I scared, just wanted to make sure everything was ok with this before I order anything! I am trying to do this one only once!!! :D Thanks for all of your guys help with this!! Ray

8. Robert1320

Right-on!
    :2thumbs:

9. Don Bailey

If you order that cam, please buy HUGE pushrods. Your cylinder pressures are going to be extreme, you will bend pushrods, especially exhaust pushrods. I would not run that cam. I would run more exhaust duration. That's my spin on things, I'm done.

10. Robert1320

Don't give up on us Don.

I agree, I dont know if your P/R's can be too big.