1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

GUN Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Clutch1911, Nov 24, 2009.

1. PaulF

The rifle pictured with the 7.5 barrel is definitely legal!

The lower is an NFA registered machine gun.

Any firearm registered as a machine gun automatically makes it exempt from barrel length restrictions.

A barrel shorter than 16 inches on a semi-auto is still perfectly legal as long as you take the time to get it registered, pay the $200 tax, etc. etc. etc.

If you have any questions about the process feel free to ask. I have been through it a bunch of times.

2. Scott02GT

Yeah I am not a gun collector or someone who really enjoys having guns around, but, these days I am out on the weekends as I do the lights and sound for a local cover band, my oldest is home babysitting my little one. about a month ago some retards rummaged through my expedition right in my own driveway, my driveway is kinda long, so now I have some scumbag in my driveway with both my girls in the house, I keep thinking about if he had looked up and noticed it was just her at home what might have happened...don't like those feelings. I have my neighbor across the street keeping an eye out, but I do not feel it is enough. I would just go with a shotgun but I would rather her have something she can handle easier and be able to squeeze off many rounds in a short time. RI85GT knows her very well, and he is the only expert on the subject I know very well so he is going to make sure I have what she needs.

3. 99TTGT

Thats cool
    What do I need to do, so I can get 7.5 barrel on my AR?
    Is yours full auto?

4. Snipe656

hmmm ... maybe I need to become a student again

5. BlackMagic94

M&P 9L, its the long barrel 9mm full size, the longer barrel will do a few things,
    1. its heavier, which means it will have less felt recoil and therefore she can fire faster and still be on target if she practices
    2. the longer barrel will increase velocity, which will increase its muzzle energy and lethality
    3 the longer barrel will make it more accurate
    4 the longer barrel will be slightly quieter as well, marginal though

M&P is simple like a glock, if you get the non external safety, just squeeze and go. Get a tactical light for the light rail on the frame, gives you a spare hand to open doors or whatever as she clears with the gun/light.

6. stangman9897

A buddy of mine is a gun smith i got the frame from him the slide i bought on gunbrokers.com and the match barrel and beaver tail is from Briley here in houston they are known for there shotgun choke tubes and started making barrels and 1911 parts about six years ago. I just had fun building it and it blows people away when they look at it and it has no brand name on it. It will shoot a two inch group at 25 yards free handed. Don't give up on the Kimbers i own three of them and think they are one of the best 1911 on the market. Last year i bought a new Kimber deer rifle in 7 mag and it is a work of art i get wood just looking at it, there craftsmanship is unreal.

7. Snipe656

Is your gun smith friend local? I need to get my revolver looked at but do not know any smiths here in town. I have used Brileys before but for one of my shotguns. I'd love to find someone familiar with old Lugers here in town to go through that as well, I think the last time it was taken apart and cleaned at the very least was when its owner smoke German.

8. Scott02GT

yeah, that's pretty much what I am looking for, what does something like that cost?

9. BlackMagic94

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_39_71/products_id/54588
    $564

This place has some of the best prices in the nation. You buy it online from them and have it shipped to a local FFL dealer, the local guy should charge 25 bucks for a "FFL transfer fee" and then fill out the 4474 ATF form and its all yours.

The M&P 9L is more of a competition pistol, but it will work great and you will not be unhappy with it.

10. 99TTGT

I was at Cheaper than Dirt today and they have the XD service for $400
    40 cal.

11. stangman9897

Put a Red Dot laser on it and all she has to do is put the red dot where she wants to hit. My G/F uses one and i feel sorry for the person that fucks with her.

12. Snipe656

I have a light from I think Insight on my Kimber that also has a laser on it. Never have dialed the thing in, but if you wanted her blinding someone and simplicity of putting the dot where she wants to hit then it might be something worth looking into.

13. Orange95

Here's what I'm working with until my custom is finished.

R700 in .308 cut to 19"
    IOR 16x42
    EGW 20moa base
    TPS rings
    B&C Stock
    Badger bolt knob

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

14. stangman9897

Not to make anybody paranoid BUT three years ago i posted pictures of all my guns on a web site and two weeks to the day my house was broke in to and all they took was 27 guns kinda made me wonder if it had anything to do with me posting them on the net, i guess i will never know for sure but thats why i did not post all of my guns on this thread. Just food for thought. ;)

15. Orange95

Where did you have them stored? Were they not in a safe?

16. stangman9897

Yes in two Browning gun safe's the bastards got my cutting torch out of my garage and cut the doors open to get them and allmost burned my house down on top of that. Fucking Low Life Scum.!!

17. Scott02GT

Without a doubt it is getting a laser dot, I actually have one on my rat gun (.45 replica co2 pellet gun) and she has taken out rats on the move when we she was only 10, so she understands how it works. I also like the whole idea of the no external safety, I do not want her having to figit with a gun right in front of some nut job, he sees that, he will charge her.
    This is her when she was 14, she is beautiful, smart and pure, I would like to keep it that way.

Hailey headshotsmall.jpg #ad

18. stangman9897

^^^ I know how you feel i have two girls and now three grand daughters and they are my world. :2thumbs:

19. EvilSports

^^^^ Old balls. :D

20. stangman9897

If im old that must make you BOY Balls :D

I just started young 10 i think. lol