1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Grass Roots $2010 Turbo LSC Lincoln Build

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Kerrdogg, Jan 4, 2010.

1. stangboy86

my buddys got a lincoln like this one. ive been telling him he should gut it and turbo it. looking inside that car and seeing a stickshift would make me go :hmm:

2. ranger250x

That is an awesome project. Kinda like the 24 hours of LeMons! I cant wait to see where this one goes!

3. 81noscamaro383

Hey, I know that car. It used to have a powerdyne blower, then he swapped on a paxton. That car was wayyy slow. The first night he came to town with it he was pretty cocky, up until, I put a spanking on him with my 98ss camaro which was stock besides longtubes and exhaust. Even after he swapped the paxton on, the best it ever did was something like 13.7's. Still dont change the fact that the car is dog ass ugly though.

4. blk mk8

my buddy has always swapped 5spd in to his mark 7s, he has one now that has long tubes and a 5 spd. he lives in fort lauderdale.

5. Agent86

:2thumbs: :cheers:

6. stangboy86

:drama: :offtopic:

hey ya know what i think about you beatin a 13.7 car???

:gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives: :gives:

can we stay on topic please

7. stangboy86

is there a kit to do this or did your buddy fab what he needed himself? do you have any pics of the setup?

8. 81noscamaro383

:blah:
    I believe it got off topic when somebody started talking about double decker wings so.......... :fu:

9. Kerrdogg

T5 install is straight forward using Mustang 5.0 parts, driveshaft has to be modified. Viit Lincolnsonline.com tech section, there are some step by step articles posted there.

10. stangboy86

awesome kerrdogg! thanks for the link!

11. BlownShovel

hmm so many projects so little time... Be sure to update the Z build as it comes along.

The new ride looks good ;) subscribing

12. Kerrdogg

Z is back on a parts hold, waiting for an exhaust manifold and radiator to be shipped in then it's full throttle back up to speed. I am really not doing much in the fab of that car besides my verbal input, I can mig stuff together but the Z build is goind to be first class, all stainless and aluminum, the best we offer, looks like it will be my next daily driver, well at least til I can find an 09 CTSV in the 30's (They are in the 40"s now) then that will go to Power by the Hour for a 80mm install and blower removal...

13. DISTURBED

Alright bud, time for an update!! I know you got some work done over the weekend! :2thumbs:

14. blk mk8

need more pics of progress or course.

15. Unatural

If I'm off the weekend that the race is going on, I might need to head down there and check that out. Are you doing the cage work in it or are you going to have somebody else do it?

16. Kerrdogg

I have to see how well the car runs before I decide the cage issue. The track will let it run to 11.50, any faster and you need a cage, ok well if the magazine only gives you credit for how fast you go safely so if I run 11.20 I only get credit for 11.50. Looking over the past few years there is one guy in the 10's then the next closest is in the 12's. Gotta figure out my game plan, could probably hail mary it past the 10.80's but who knows what will be left and if the other guy has any left as well.

Some updates, been working on the suspension, got some tires on the real cheap to install, engine is out, car has been throughly pressure washed (knocked atleast 20 lbs off of it). Mega squirt kit arrived and is almost assembled, transmission is at my friends shop, have to go up there one night this week and disassemble it, engine compartment painted, getting ready to reistall engine and start hacking and refabbing the turbo kit.

Update: Started fabing the low cost meth induction kit, haggled a deal on some 39lb Cobra takeouts and a used Walbro hi pressure inline pump. figured out where the turbo is going and cut up some sheetmetal there. Progress was a bit slow this weekend as I have been prepping the Busa for this upcoming weekends track rental.

Budget update, car purchased for $500, items sold off car $487, new purchases $930 + car balance $13, total invested so far $943.00!

17. 68mustang

I love these cars...how bout some more pics? :huh:

18. blk mk8

need more pics! and what color are you going to do, and fiber glass hood?

19. Kerrdogg

i'LL SEE IF i CAN SNAP SOME PICS TONIGHT, frigging cap lock, car is staying the color it is with some touch up and some dent /ding removal. Stk hood that has been gutted (12lb's or so removed) and aluminum hood pins vs the factory latch stuff. I can't wait to get the drive train back in and put it on the scales. Will be scaling it before the interior gets reinstalled (interior will be in the car to weigh it just not bolted in place) so I'll know if I need to cut deeper :welder: .

20. DISTURBED

I would remove the front quarters to start with...maybe then remove the roof.... I'm really handy with a sawzall if you need a hand! :2thumbs: