1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 1hcam

Thanks guys!

Wayne got a good one of the ol girl strutting her stuff.

IMG_1033.JPG #ad

flyinhillbilly likes this.
  2. Unatural

3. 1hcam

Thanks for the pics Wayne. You the man

4. Unatural

Any time :cheers:

5. rlongo

very nice.

6. 1hcam

Wayne said he'll probably retire from his camera by the time yours is running. Don't shoot the messenger :)

7. rlongo

Not cool...not cool. I'm going to enlist your wiring skills to wire up my EFI if you keep this up. :thumbsup:

8. Unatural

He doesn't have any wiring skills. That's what his brother is for.:booty:

9. 1hcam

He's right. I just tell him what I want and come back a week later and punch buttons on the laptop.

10. Unatural

If anyone is interested, here's a link to my complete album from the race. If all goes well, you'll be seeing some of these images in Race Pages as well. Look me up at KWS images on FB as well.:cheers:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/140156484@N03/31m28v

11. rdakota340

How did I miss you at NMRA I was there with Anthony.

12. Unatural

No clue Randy. We were both there for 4 days.:lau:

13. ricky

Kurtis, did you get a chance to find out why it was blowing the fuse?

pics turned out great Wayne..it was good to meet you and Kurtis in Bradenton..had a good time down there

14. 1hcam

Sorry didn't get a chance to chat to much in Bradenton. She was giving me a hard time.

Yes I did actually. I gave my dad a ride to the staging lanes before the time trials prior to the cruise. I guess when he got out of the car his feet got into the wiring under the dash a pulled a wire loose. I'm baffled how the hell he did it actually. Eveything is tucked up and zipped tied out of the way. I was getting my run card punched by the official when he was getting out so I didn't see. Needless to say I found out on a cruise in town last week, that when I would make a right hand turn the wire would swing over and ground out on the intercooler. I buttoned that up and made a 40 mile cruise and haven't had a issue since. :(

ricky likes this.
  15. ricky

no problem at all..i could tell you were busy

wow,well at least it was a simple and no cost fix..glad to hear you got it figured out!

16. 1hcam

Well I went to the track last Sunday to enter a 28/29 Shootout. More for fun than anything. Unfortunately on my second pass it went from screaming to laying over about 1.7 seconds into the run. It sounded like a coupler blew off. After driving it back to the pits and pulling the plugs I knew exactly what happened. Broke another timing chain. After pulling the motor this week I found the cam was bent pretty good and the three center cam towers were cracked.

I've decided to move on from the unported heads and step things up. Excessive Motorsports has agreed to help me get a set of max effort built heads together when I can come up with a set of cores. Those guys bend over backwards to help me out. I really appreciate it. If anyone has anything laying around please let me know!

IMG_1122.PNG #ad
    IMG_1129.PNG #ad

17. ashford

c heads are a bitch to get ahold of a good set. have you considerd b heads, they make for better max effort heads anyways

18. 1hcam

I was lucky enough to scoop up a clean set of 03 cobra heads today. I wanted to stay with the c heads. I didn't want to have to change a bunch of stuff. That's why I lost interest in supercar heads.

19. FLBoostAddict

Sorry to hear about the timing chain issues again. Hope you have everything sorted out again soon. Need to meet up in Orlando for a track day.

20. 1hcam

With the car being down with nothing I can really do, I've been pretty bored as you can tell. Lol

These are some junk parts from the last couple months.

IMG_1247.JPG #ad
    IMG_1253.JPG #ad
    IMG_1260.JPG #ad

Chris91LX likes this.