1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 1hcam

That was bad ass!!! Lol. I was looking for that guy the little bit I watched the live feed but never saw him.

2. 1hcam

Well this pos is finally running, washed, waxed, and ready to be loaded up. I'm hoping it's going to be nice to me next week. It's been a real bitch this last week. Lol. It's running pretty good but there's a little valve train noise in one of the heads. I put some AutoZone special oil in it to get it started. I just changed it out to the thicker Amsoil I run. I'm hoping it quiets down or I'll look into changing out the followers since I just put new lash adjusters in it. The noise isn't loud but I'm a little paranoid after all it's put my through lately.

3. Chris91LX

Glad to see you got it together Kurtis! I'll see you Friday morning. :2thumbs:

4. 1hcam

Sounds good Chris, see you then!

5. ricky

looking good Kurtis...wanted to ask since there are several people on your thread that are going to the Bradenton race...is there a way to bring a vehicle (suburban) into the true street pit area if the vehicle is not part of a team,etc?

was thinking about bringing my grill and throwing a few eats on it , and a few brews...I know the tracks here in texas are not bad,but dunno about Florida..just thought I'd ask

see ya'll there!

6. 1hcam

Best thing to do is buy a swap meet pass. It's cheaper and you get to park in pits next to the track. Just throw a couple junkparts behind the truck to make it look like you're selling something and call it a day. That pass is good for all weekend so you cancome and go every night.

ricky likes this.
  7. ricky

thanks for the tip , Wayne sent me a text telling me the same thing earlier, i'll see ya'll there..

8. 1hcam

Well this week at the NMRA Spring Break Shootout was full of up and downs. We had issues getting the car to hook. With the help of some fellow racers we were able to get the car turned around and it was hooking great! It was running pretty damn good as well. We wound up running a new personal best in the heat of the day in time trails before the 30 mile cruise for True Street. We were very excited and thought we would be in the top of the pack. Unfortunately during the cruise I had another fucking chain break that ended our weekend. Needless to say it was a very depressing end to the week, since we though we had it figured out. . We are going to go through this thing with a fine tooth comb and get to the bottom of this chain issue. This pass was on 25lbs. There's still some 60' and more boost in it as well. I can't wait to see what it's capable of once all sorted out!

[\URL]
    [​IMG]']http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/1hcamracing/media/731C77BF-0AF9-49D8-AF96-6D30EEA1816E_zpsj6p1pk0b.jpg.html][​IMG]#ad
    [/URL]

9. MarkFJ40

Congrats on the 8.24 but that really sucks to hear you broke another chain. Hope you figure it out.

10. Hemann

Very sorry to hear about the chain. I know that has to be a big pain in the ass. Hope you can get it figured out before you say FI and go with a different combo.

11. az92coupe

Sorry to hear about your chain (again) Kurtis. I saw you in the pits (way down towards the end on the pro-side) while drive around early in the day and didn't stop (was in a hurry to get my buddies golf cart back). Walked back down there later and didn't see you.. figured you were in the lanes... and walked back down there again later after I watched a few True Street rounds and didn't see you.. figured something was broken.. but guessing you had it in the trailer by then or were gone! Ah well, I'm sure I'll bump into you at one of the Bradenton races. Hope you get some resolution with your chronic chain issue :)

12. 1hcam

Damn man. Sorry to hear that. You must have walked 20 miles for no reason lol. It always cool to run into guys from the forums and be able to put a face to the name. Hope you guys had better luck than me.

13. FLBoostAddict

That was a killer pass Kurtis. I sure wish the motor cooperated better for you during the cruise. You would have definitely been a competitor for the top 16. In any case, it was good to meet up with you again. Thanks for stopping by the pit area. Let's do it again next year.

14. Quick69

crazy build, congrats on the killer times

15. 1hcam

I'm sure we'll cross paths before then!

16. 1hcam

Well I decided to take a look at the car before I started to pull it. Good thing I did! Come to find out the chain was still intact. I found the injectors didn't have any power. I traced it back to a blown injector fuse inside the Holley harness. Tonight I'll try to locate the cause of the blown fuse.

17. Gt-358

Wow, thats good and bad. Good its something simple, bad it did it on the cruise :(

18. blown385

good deal .

See ya at the track .

19. Chris91LX

Good to see you again over the weekend Kurtis, that last run was impressive. :2thumbs: Looking forward to seeing you get that beast dialed in!

20. ducatibrian

I didn't get to catch up to you this time. I hope you get the gremlins worked out, as the car looked really good on that 8.24 pass.
    Brian