1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 1hcam

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT

I purchased a little something for the new 4v. Just a little PT8847H :) Thanks Roy

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. blown385

Damn , I didnt even know your started the thread .

SUBSCRIBED .

3. 1hcam

Ya Dave I figured I'd keep track of this pile of junk. :)

I picked up my short block today. I've always swore I never let someone put my stuff together but his shops is a lot cleaner environment than my garage so I bit the bullet. Well see how it goes. It packed with all ARP fasteners, cobra forged crank, Diamond -11cc pistons, SS Total Seal rings, upgraded to JE 93 series pin, new Manley h beams w/ ARP2000, and Clevite H bearings. I bought a set of cams that came out of the "Gray Ghost" (Shannon Gibson's Stang). They should be here tomorrow. Probably won't be as good as a custom set but should be better than some stock cobra cams. I'm also waiting on a set of BTR valve springs to come in so I can send my 03' cobra heads out to get a valve job and surfaced. Slowly but surely it coming along. I can't wait to get all this stuff out of my office. Lol

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. H.P.Ranch

Any results?

5. 1hcam

Well I've been remodeling my daughters bathroom the last 3 weeks, per momma's orders. So I haven't been out to much. I'm waiting on my 4v heads to get out the shop so I can't get it together and sealed up. I'm seriously in debt because of this thing. Lol

I took the ole beater out last Wednesday night. I think there's something wrong with the trans or converter. It's not front halfing like it has. With the weather getting hot and trans not right my quest for 9's is over. It did run a 10.27 with the eitghth being .200 slower than my personal best. After that pass it really went south. It wouldn't 60' or 1/8 so I went home. The trans didn't sound to happy on the way home. I'm done with the 2v. I'm not spending any more money or time on it with the 4v getting close to being done. If any one is interested let know!

Here's a vid of the 10.27. Skip to :40 or so.

http://youtu.be/M2qYxeLVdgE

6. bigblockstang

good stuff!

7. Turbo Drag Radial

damn...is it really a stock shortblock like in your sig?

That is rolling!

8. 1hcam

Thanks. Ya It's the original 97' bottom end. The top end is all stock 02' GT stuff that came off my brothers car. The only thing aftermarket is the injectors as far as the motor is concerned.

I don't know how this thing is still running. I've beat the hell out of it. It saw 22lbs a handful of times when I was trying to get the electronic boost controller to work off the megasquirt. That felt GOOD. Lol

9. 1hcam

I haven't messed with the car in a while. I've actually been half ass trying to sell all the turbo stuff for the 2v. I'm pretty sure it's sold. I guess it's frowned on doing turbo transactions on Mothers Day. :) I've been making progress on the 4v. I had to wind clearancing the cam caps for the camshafts. I was hoping to have everything degree'd already. I should be ready to start fabbing some headers soon.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. 1hcam

Well I just sold my 2v and and all the turbo stuff. Kinda happy and kinda sad. Lol. I'm ready to get the new set up going though.

11. H.P.Ranch

Blown385 going to the track this weekend? I saw where he finally got his engine together.

12. racerron67

looking good. you have been busy.

13. jaredsamurai

Now lets get that pretty hotside started so I have pics to take in the bathroom w me

14. 1hcam

Lol. Here you can use these 1/2" SS header flanges as fluffer.

[​IMG]#ad

15. DEFYANT

I'm really enjoying the build man! I love seeing someone do it right!

16. 1hcam

Thanks guys. Ole Faithful is out and ready for the new owner. I want to fill in some holes and get the engine bay cleaned up and looking good before the 4v goes in.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. DEFYANT

Yeah, it definitely looks good in the car!

18. 1hcam

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

I traded a local guy my powder coated stock Mach 1 intake for this used modded short runner intake. I was told its a Chris Starnes intake. I'm going to message him ask just for shits and giggles. I'm also getting prices to have a 2.5" spacer made for it. I also picked up an oval blade Accufab throttle body for it.

[​IMG]#ad

19. jaredsamurai

Do oval blade TB's have more tendancy to lose a silicone coupling under higher boost levels? It just seems like they would have disproportional clamping loads on them.

20. 1hcam

I haven't heard of any issues. I know of guys running 30lbs with them. I guess I'll find out.