1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. rlongo

2. mcj50

For what it is worth I had 31 spline moser in my car down well into the 8's. I watched a friend's car that had moser 40 spline gun drill shatter and axle. Wasn't pretty. I have only used strange since.

3. 1hcam

Got some work done on the rear end last night. As for the straightness, surprisingly it was pretty good. The pass tube was a little off, but I got it straightened out some. It looks pretty good, I might mess with it a little more tonight to get it perfect. I probably would have started tacking things up if I wasn't out of Argon. lol

[​IMG]#ad

4. Unatural

I hate when that happens. Hahahaha

5. rdakota340

I get mine at Tractor Supply nights and weekends if you have a owners bottle, Hey thanks for the input Saturday night I am still in the tuning stage so we will try some timing and such just see how it goes. I rather do that on some high gear pulls that way I can watch the A/F meter closer.

6. 1hcam

That's good to know. I'd would have never guessed they carried gas.

No problem. Nothing wrong with being conservative. Get you a handful of plugs and see what she likes. If you haven't seen them I put some YouTube links in your pm box.

7. 1hcam

I have 3 argon, 1 trimix, and 1 argon(75/25). Of course my argon mix was the one that was out. Damn it!!!! Lol wasn't in the mood to hook up the tig.

8. rdakota340

I just seen the message thanks!

9. 1hcam

Making some progress. Just need to finish welding the mounts and bracing. I'm liking the new mounts.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. Mrich0908

I just switched Tig machines recently . I went from eastwoods tig 200 to the everlast ex250. OMG let me tell you , Ive used miller , Lincoln high dollar tig machines this machine was just as good as anything red and blue. If your ever looking for a new tig machine really look at the Everlast ex250 . Its has all the bells and whistles.
    Its duty cycle is 100% at 200amps , with a 20 watercooled torch you could literally weld all day .
    Awesome build though I love seeing guys doing major fab work with out much.
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/product/tig-stick/powertig-250ex

11. 1hcam

I've been wanting to upgrade my tig but the car seems to be sucking up all the funds. Lol

12. Chris91LX

Nice work, where'd you get the mounts and bracing? Is it a kit?

13. 1hcam

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

From TRZ. It wasn't a kit but I'm sure they can hook you up with everything you need.

14. 1hcam

Hopefully everyone had a nice Christmas yesterday. I found a Skinny Kid Chute mount under my tree. That was pretty cool. I also finished up the housing. I just need to give it a good cleaning and a coat of paint.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. turboeverything

What's a cute mount ? LOL

16. 1hcam

Fixed. Lol

17. Mrich0908

Are the pics working for you ? Photobuckets pics seem to be down for me no matter if there mine or some one else pictures.

18. Hemann

Do you have the shock and ARB mounts on?

19. 1hcam

Yes. I'm reusing the existing arb mounts and the shock mounts are in incorporated into the lower control arm mounts.

[​IMG]#ad

20. Chris91LX

Looks great. Pardon the newb question, but did you mig or tig those welds on the 9" ends and the control arm/shock mounts?