1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 92LX-5.8

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT

I need to try the painters tape because I am also using a portaband and my cuts never come out straight.

2. charged9250

What size rear tire you running?

3. 1hcam

The tape won't work on bends though.

275/60/15 MT Drag radials. They are bald as hell but still hooking. Might try the MT Pros next.

4. 1hcam

Stopped by the machine shop today and paid a friendly visit. Good bunch of guys down there at Fast Moving Auto and Machine. Mike took a little video of my block being final honed with a torque plate.

5. 1hcam

My teksid is coming along. Wound up ordering a new set of Manley h beams and upgraded the chromoly wrist pins to some JE 93 series. Just waiting on the rods to come in to get everything balanced and the shortblock should be finished. Since I can't afford an anti roll bar right now I picked an airbag off a guy on Mod Motor Mustangs. Got it put in tonight and ready to see if it will help lower my 60's a little. Only bad thing is there's a Lucas Oil Series race going on right now so the track will be unavailable and next Friday is valentines day/my wife's birthday. So no track for a while.

[​IMG]#ad

6. 1hcam

Just a pic of a few goodies about to go in my new motor. Short block is about ready to be assembled. :)

[​IMG]#ad

7. 1hcam

Went to the track tonight and came home with some good results. 1) I ran a 10.26 @ 130mph 2) I cut my best 60' at 1.390 and 3) I came home with all 8 connecting rods :) This ole junker 2V keeps amazing.

[​IMG]#ad

8. 1hcam

Here's a vid from Friday night. It's not my best pass but it was my best 60'. It was on a pass until it laid over when I ran out of fuel pump and the afr's went mid 13's. The walbro 255l doesn't want to keep up with 16lbs and e85. I ordered a 340L pump to run for now. Nothing fancy just something to keep it going while I finish the 4v.

http://youtu.be/2u20FNYus4Y

9. 03ghosthemi

Nice! Looking and running good.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

10. 03ghosthemi

Going to have to do the same thing to my fuel system.:thumbsup:

11. 1hcam

Thanks. Got the pump put in. It's a lot quieter than the 255L. Might go out tonight if the rain stops and it dries up soon. Trying to meet my new goal...... 9.99 or blow it up trying. Lol

12. 1hcam

Well I just got of the phone with UPR. They hooked me up with some discounts on some much needed parts. Can't wait!

13. 92LX-5.8

With how low a 60 ft. you are cutting already it seems as you already have your susp. pretty much sorted out, also cant believe what you have got that 2v motor doing. Did you say what size injectors you are using?

14. 1hcam

Always room for improvement. :) I would like to get it in the low 1.30's. I went a 1.39 last time out leaving on 10lbs. It will leave harder but it starts to spin 30' or so out. That air bag I put in didn't do anything for. A new anti roll bar is on its way. Injectors are 68's. The new 340L pump made a big difference.

15. racesloth

I see falling 60' times in your future. Good luck...

16. 1hcam

Thanks. I got the UPR antiroll bar put in last night. I just need to throw some paint on it. I need to buy a little mig for the garage. The one I have is a spoolamatic and is too big for jobs like this. Laying on the garage floor trying to tig this was a PITA. I have New coil over springs and caster camber plates to put on still but I'm going to wait and see if I can pick up a set of adjustible struts tomorrow at the NMRA Bradenton race. It's going to kill me not to drag the junk box out there for the weekend but my daughter has a dance compitetion on Saturday and I missed last years competition.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

17. 1hcam

I picked up some new struts from UPR on Friday when I was at NMRA race. Nothing crazy just a set of Strange 10 ways. Today I got them put in along with some some new 12-150 coil springs and a set of caster camber plates. Might throw in a set of plugs and hit the track this Friday. On a side note I really need to do something with these ugly calipers. :)

[​IMG]#ad

18. 1hcam

Went to the track last night to try out my new parts. What a difference! She felt so much better. Only got 2 passes in though. My first pass I pulled straight to the lanes. Launched good and straight lifting the fronts. Second pass I turned the launch up 100 rpms and let her go. The damn fuel pressure regulater blew out and it shut down before the 1/8 mile. It was on a pass too. Even though it shut down before the eighth it still went a npb 1/8 mile. When I saw that I was pissed. Oh well I'll get another reg and try her next week. I need to tighten up the front end and try to get them 60's down.

19. jaredsamurai

New #'s?

20. 1hcam

Here's the time slip from my shut down pass. I'm guessing it would have went a high 6.20 or low 6.30 1/8 mile. I didn't realize till I got home that I still went 11's letting off.

[​IMG]#ad