1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. rdakota340

Man you are lucky glad those things didn't break them all off, was looking forward to seeing you at Lakeland I'm going to be testing I changed the tires on the car they are a little wider for the rules so I guess stuck with TNT !

2. 1hcam

I'm going to come out and spectate. Figured I'd check it out. I'll see you guys out there.

3. mcj50

I have seen a bunch of moser problems in my circle of cars over the past few years. I had 35 spline street axles in my car and the splines were dead straight after 100's of passes.

4. 1hcam

Went to TRZ yesterday and picked up some 9" housing ends. I'm debating picking up some lower control arm mounts while I have it out and add a little more bracing. I'll order some new Strange axles in another week or so. I need to make up my mind on what brakes to run before I order the axles. I'm not sure which way I want to go.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

5. FLBoostAddict

Strange axles are the better choice. Dave at Team Z estimated they are approximately 40% stronger due to their manufacturing processes vs Moser.

6. turboeverything

Are those big or small bearing ends? A buddy has a complete new willwood brake setup. he mite sell, just can't remember if they are for big or small bearing backing plates

7. 1hcam

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Big bearing new style. I'd be interested if they'll work.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope he's right. Lol

8. turbomalibuwagon

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

I made the switch to Strange my self after tweaking a set of Moser. You're lucky they came out of the housing without a fight . I have never had an issue with Strange great to deal with and great products.

9. rdakota340

Cool !

10. Chris91LX

You're making me worry about the moser axles in my rearend, especially because I still have 31 splines in mine. I also have the 9" "torino" ends on my 8.8. I'm running the FRPP explorer rear discs, but was thinking of going with a Baer kit made for those ends after talking to Mike.

11. 1hcam

You're not the first person I've heard saying they were running 31 spline axles. Who knows, maybe I just had some bad luck. If I remember right you are running slicks, I'm sure that's helping you. I think the radials are rough on parts. I'm trying to get some good shocks on this thing to try to help get it down the track smoother. The last night I was out and got some passes in, it would get violent about 20-30' out. I'm undecided on brakes as well. I was talking to Mike about the Baer brakes as well. TRZ was highly recommending Strange stuff. They've offered up some deals on everything. I hear nothing but praise with the Baer stuff. I'm undecided.

12. FLBoostAddict

^^^^ with your weight and being a street car, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Baer. IF they were available back before I went with Aerospace, they'd be on my car.

13. 1hcam

There's no turning back now. Lol

TRZ hooked me up on Friday with all kinds of stuff.

[​IMG]#ad

14. Unatural

15. Chris91LX

Nice! Are you going to narrow it at all?

16. Hemann

+1

I need one done also.

17. 1hcam

I really want to but I'm going to leave it stock length so I don't change up my wheels.

18. 99TTGT

19. az92coupe

Not sure what's with all the Moser negativity, but they make nice stuff and are great to work with. All axles are going to twist eventually.. that's not a Moser thing. If you think you are going to go Strange and it's going to be magically perfect forever, you are a tad delusional. Moser has always been super stand-up with me on warranty stuff as well... hell, they just completely replaced the axles on my buddies Ultra Street car for free... he's been running them for over 4 years with hundreds and hundreds of low 5 second / high 4 second passes.

20. 1hcam

I'm glad you guys have had good luck with them. They had no problem saying there will be no warranty replacements. Maybe he's right and the bigger wheel studs would make everything right. I'm using this as a reason to make changes I've been wanting to do for a while.