1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. 1hcam

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT

Well I was able to go to the track last night. When I got there I pulled it straight to the lanes. Usually I try to let it cool down before I make any passes. I pretty much tied my personal best ET 10.545 with a 10.548 and I picked up almost 3 mph. My 60's aren't what hey usually are but I just need to bump up my launch rpms to make up for the new gear change. I figure that good concidering it was heat soaked, the added weight from the cage and subframe connectors, and the air sucked. The gear change made a huge difference. Track wont open till after the first of the year so I'll probably change the oil and plugs and just wait till they open back up. Hopefully come January I can get her in the 10.30's and the 60's in the 1.30's.

[​IMG]#ad

2. 92LX-5.8

Do you have any more pics of your downpipe and how it is ran?

3. 1hcam

The only pics I have is from when I was building it. I don't have a pic of where it ends. It goes back inside the engine compartment and angles down long enough for my exhaust pipe to clamp to. It's all one piece.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

4. 1hcam

5. 1hcam

I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Mine was pretty good. My girls gave me some cool little parts like a window net, sfi rollcage padding, and a racequip 5 point camlock harness. Lucky me! So the other night I was farting around online and played with one of the HP calculaters. I was pretty shocked by what it said. Bored looking at my datalogs from last weekend I noticed that my rpms are flat lining on the top end. I calculated my converter slip % and it's at 19%. I'm curious on how much mph I can pick up if I tightened it up. I sent some datalogs to FTI to look at and tell me what they think on the converter. Hopefully I'll hear back from them today.

URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/1hcamracing/media/hp_zps421f47d1.png.html][​IMG]#ad

6. 1hcam

Dropped off some goodies to the machine shop today. It's time to get the 4v started. Left him 2 teksids to choose from, cobra crank, Diamond pistons, Total seal steel rings, and some studs. I still need to get my h beams and my 03 cobra heads to him but I have plenty of time.

URL=http://s1233.photobucket.com/user/1hcamracing/media/ACE76932-7B63-4826-BA7D-5956BCD79396_zpsm2dnkoew.jpg.html][​IMG]#ad

7. H.P.Ranch

E85 " PUT YOUR PURSE DOWN AND TURN THE BOOST UP!!!:cowboy:

8. 1hcam

Lol. I've thought about turning it up another 2lbs, but I know I'm asking for trouble. The powder metal rods are past the point of no return. I'm hoping it stays together until I get my new motor built.

Oh I emptied my message folder so I can recieve pm's again.

9. H.P.Ranch

How much boost you leaving on and how much total?

10. 1hcam

Launch at 7-8 and 14 total.

11. 1hcam

I got started on my brothers setup yesterday. Made some decent progress. This GT45 88mm is huge!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. afterfire

Is your brothers car a 2v 4.6 also? I love the way that hot side looks, its very symmetrical.

13. 1hcam

Thanks. He's been kind of rushing me so the joints aren't exactly what I would like them to be, but it's coming out ok. Pretty good for a porta band saw and a grinder. His is a 4v with B heads, cobra intake, 98' cobra cams, forged I beams, and forged pistons. Should be a 9.xx street car.

14. 1hcam

I finished tacking up my brothers setup and I just have to get it welded up. I got the 4" exhaust routed thru the k member and exits rearward of the fire wall per True Street rules. It even has a 4" Vibrant muffler. That's one expensive little muffler too. :) I brought my car back to the house and got the converter yanked out so it can get tightened up this week. Hoping to go to the track next Friday before I leave town for work.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

15. 92LX-5.8

You make it look so easy.

16. 1hcam

Thanks. It's pretty time consuming for sure. I need to quit screwing around and get welding this thing up.

17. ignored281

looks good !

18. 03ghosthemi

Looking great.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. 1hcam

Thanks guys. I spent a couple hours and got one piece of the exhaust welded up last night.

[​IMG]#ad

20. ignored281

Where did you buy that 2-1 merge collector?