1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. racerron67

Something so simple.

2. 1hcam

Got bored so I decided to pull the rear. I want to try out some 3.73's I have sitting on the bench. I'm going to weld up the tubes and brace it up some. I wanted to put 9" ends on it but I'd have to by all new axles due to the c-clip elems. That's not in the budget right now so I'm sticking with them for a while.

I'm going to order a versafueler in the next week or two and possibly another set of injectors. Mine are 160lb but ohm out at 4.7. When the pulse widths get low the idle goes to crap. Itll still runs good otherwise. It pretty annoying to say the least.

[​IMG]#ad

3. turboeverything

I'm finishing my 8.8 with moser 9 inch ends.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434677823.057347.jpg #ad

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434677823.057347.jpg #ad

4. 1hcam

Are you doing any bracing?

5. turboeverything

No cause I run the maximum motor sports rear suspension . Which braces tubes and holds nose of housing by the pinion

6. 1hcam

I was thinking of changing the lower mounts and use 1.25" tubing to brace the rear all over. I had these hex bars and hiems laying around from a flight sim we trashed. Decided just to weld the tubes and put forward braces on it. I would like to eventually upgrade to a 9" type housing so I didn't see the point in dumping a bunch of time and money into this one. It should serve me well for a while.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. turboeverything

Nice work..
    Have you put a true bar in housing to see how true it is?
    I have yet to find a housing that did not need to be straitened .
    I had to press my housing back to strait

8. 1hcam

I've been considering buying the bar and pucks but I'm not sure I'd ever get my money's worth out of it. I had a shaft at work that would just fit through my spool. It looked pretty good considering. I expected it to be way out of whack. I know it was a little back woods method of checking but I think it gave me a good enough idea. Since I didn't have the right bar and pucks to try to true it up and make it perfect I left it alone.

9. 1hcam

Got the turd all cleaned up and put back together with the 3.73's. It's back in the car and ready to go. Hopefully today or Monday I can go pick up my injector driver and try the ol girl out.

[​IMG]#ad

10. MUSTLX50

Hey man, you trying to copy my rear end, lol. Good job brother, good luck and let her rip. :encouragement:

11. mcj50

You need some baer brakes on that rear --- then it will be complete :adoration:

12. MUSTLX50

Duel caliper Bear brakes, right Mike, lol.

13. 1hcam

It definitely needs some brakes. I've planned on getting with you when I get some funds together.

14. 1hcam

You and 10,000 others. Lol

15. FLBoostAddict

Baer brakes group buy :D

16. racerron67

hey curtis i stumbled on this from the msextra/fourms, for some reason i can't paste this. look on your facebook.

17. 1hcam

I picked up the injector driver today. Was to tired to mess with it tonight though. I also picked up a new toy today as well. My daughter has been driving me crazy about getting a golf cart for the track. I offered to buy it but the owner of my company told me it was mine and not to worry about it. Kind of hard to argue with that. :) I need to get a enclosed trailer to store some of this stuff!

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

18. 1hcam

Pickup a co2 bottle today. Got it mounted and all the lines ran. Just need a regulator, a fresh set of drag radials, and a little dyno time. Track time is in the near future:) Went for a ride yesterday since I installed that injector driver. Fuel tables are all over the place now. If it'll stop raining this week we are going to go cruising around to get the tune back in check.

[​IMG]#ad

19. MUSTLX50

This rain is getting very annoying down here also. Good luck with the tune, car is coming along very nicely, it's all about the small details, good luck buddy and keep the post coming. :encouragement:

20. 1hcam

Thanks man! We've had some really bad storms lately. I'm sure you've had the same. This was the weather on the way home today. You bet your ass if I couldn't drive me car the sun would be blazing. Lol

[​IMG]#ad

I picked up a regulator today. I messed with the AMS for a couple hours trying to figure out why the gate pressure wouldn't equal the target pressure the laptop displayed. Come to find out I had the pressure sensor to close to the seleniods. All good now. It's pretty impressive to tell the truth. My brother is going to let me use his new set of radials for the time being. Pretty excited about that!