1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

"Gold Dust" 97 GT 4v 88mm

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by 1hcam, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Mustangbrad94gt

Re: "Gold Dust" 97 GT

nice looking gauge panel:thumbsup:I did mine similiar, where you broke your bottom leaf, I made mine 2 piece, with a seperate removable bottom leaf, the holes in you're dash pad for tach bracket are the same as mine, ha ha

2. afterfire

I love seeing stock engines hauling ass.

3. 1hcam

Me too :)

4. 1hcam

Ya there's not a lot of places to stick a tach. I was thinking of moving it to where the clock is but it's probably to far out of view. You have a nice build of your own.

5. 1hcam

Made a little progress this weekend. Got the cage painted and started putting the interior back in. It's finally starting to look like a car again. Im trying to get my brother to come over and clean up the Megasquirt wiring. He wants it at his house so we'll probably tow it over there tonight or tomorrow. I don't want to but he does a good job at it so if that what it takes then oh well. Yesterday we went to the track for a Night of Fire. It was pretty cool. That stuff will bring the kid out of you. Pro mods and jet cars. What's not to like. Lol

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. TurboX

Awesome project, my first GT was a 96 and then 98 and now the 2010.

7. 1hcam

We got some more of the interior put in and about half of the wiring done. The chassis inspector will be here Friday morning. Hopefully it goes smooth and I get the cert with out any trouble. :) I think we are going to try to finish up the wiring on Sunday.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

8. 1hcam

It passed!

[​IMG]#ad

9. racesloth

You work fast my man! Nice job...

10. 1hcam

Thanks guys. It doesn't feel like it's going fast, that's for sure. I pulled the dash back out to finish up the wiring. It's pretty close to being finished. I just need to wire up my gauges and clean up some things. I'm hoping to have it running and go to this Fridays test and tune. I was also debating on trying to swap out the 3.73's and go back to the 3.27's this week. We finally have some decent weather and I want to see how low I can take it in the 10's.

Little Bro finished up the panel.
    [​IMG]#ad

11. spray280

Looks great. Wiring is the same thing I'm working on.

12. archy355

i like the wiring set up. and it feels like ive been working on wiring forever now. I actually kind of enjoy wiring now that i have done so much of it.

13. 1hcam

Thanks guys. Good luck. I know enough about wiring to get me in trouble. I could learn how to do it but my bro lives couple miles down the road and we always trade off work. If he didn't do it for me I would get seriously shafted. Lol

We had a last minute job so we're in South Carolina right now. Hopefully we get back to Florida in time to get the car back together and hit the Sunday test and tune.

14. 32V

Nice build!
    I really need to get back to work on mine.

15. Brain_Mach1

I don't think I have EVER seen a gold Sn-95 but I saw one Friday. I probably noticed it because it was loud and because of your build. Nice.

16. 1hcam

I got her going and went to the track yesterday. Only was able to run a 10.68 @ 124.95 with a 1.42 60'. It was hot as hell but the track was good. I was trying to iron out some tuning issues and she was making me work for it. When I finally started to get her going I ran the 10.68. I fattened it up some more and it was starting to cool off, I was thinking this was going to be the pass of the day. My nephew pushed me up thru the lanes, turned on the gopro, and was about to start the datalogger when the damn battery takes a dump and wouldn't start. WTF. My bro gave me a jump and was able to get it home, well almost. We had to push it the last 20' to get it in the garage.

New race weight is 3350lbs with me in it.

17. BOOSTEDROK

Sweet build man!! How bad was the ultra bell install?

18. 1hcam

It was easy. The directions say to torque pump bolts to 30 ftlb. I have a few helicoils that says otherwise. I don't know if it was my case or bad directions. That bell makes it a hell of a lot easier to work on now.

19. 1hcam

I swapped out the 3.73's and went back to the 3.27's. Did a couple street pulls. Boost flat lines when I get into second gear. I missed that. Hopefully I can make it to next Fridays test and tune and see what kind of difference it made. Here's a gopro vid of the 10.68.

http://youtu.be/13aPTtTnAiI

20. 1hcam

Finally installed the passenger seat. Looking more like a street car. I'm hoping I can make it to the track tomorrow. I have to do some Christmas stuff with the family , but hoping to get home in time to make a pass or two. Crossing fingers.

[​IMG]#ad