1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Gigantic turbo, LS1'ish motor, custom kit, and a Nova

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by B4Ctom1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Bobby

:bow:

Sick ass build man. That throttle responds like a high-compression, solid-roller mill.

2. B4Ctom1

3. mitro67

he gonna come to colorado and run that thing in ultimate street in late august?

4. B4Ctom1

Yeah, I think so. He is still trying to make the car heavier, and he has a smaller turbo just for some class he was telling me about, that might be it.

Aaron, the owner of this nova, helped assemble Mark Rutts Pro 5.0 car that can be seen here:
    http://www.titusracing.com/markpro.htm

Mark's limited street car is on that page too.

Here is video of Mark Rutt's two cars here, as well as Aaron's (with old small block) and some of the other vids too:
    http://www.titusracing.com/movies.htm

5. Blue99Ws7

That's awesome. Got any more pics of what drives the cable. And what's a setup like that cost?

6. blazingfast

Made any runs yet? How much boost are you planning on? How much base timing are you running and how much per lb are you taking out? Super nice build!!!

7. B4Ctom1

He sent me an text message the other day about a test drive the other day saying how hard it pulls etc. Since that isn't very quantified, I being a smartass replied, "yeah, but how much HP? how fast in a quarter?". He responded simply with "a lot, and very". He knows I made a post about it, I hope it doesn't mean he isn't going to tell me. If he does dyno, it might be on a superflow chassis dyno. If you have ever had the disappointment to use one, they don't equate to what a Dynojet, Land-Sea, or a Mustang dyno do. :(

For example, the Superflow chassis dyno in Greeley Colorado told him that the old 383 small block he had two years ago running 9.30's made like 440 rwhp. That same motor detuned (smaller cam, less compression), without the 250 shot of nitrous, but with a Procharger F2 made 976 RWHP on a Land-Sea the following year. Although disappointing, to me a dyno like the Superflow is not completely a waste of time because you can still tune for max HP. But it disappoints people curious to know how much HP you are really making in terms they are used to.

8. blazingfast

Have any ideas on the timing?

9. B4Ctom1

Nope. He has done that programming on the Bigstuff3 himself, I have no idea what he has used.

10. MEAN_SBC

Tell him to contact superflow.. They will send him the dynojet correction factor to load into the windyn software... Then it will read the same as a dynojet.

11. B4Ctom1

You cant tell the guy that runs that dyno anything. I will pass it along to Aaron though to see what he says about it, or if he decides to tell him.

12. njc.corp

Its come a long way

kIller stuff-

Thanks

Nick--

13. Crowder

even niver

14. chevy..driver

http://www.watermanracing.com/remote_mount_cable_drive.htm

This is the basic setup. They don't make an LS mount, so i just ordered the universal LH mount drive spud and bracket, cable adapter, pump mount and cable. It was all about $600 I think, plus the pump, which is the Magnafuel Pro Outlaw 1000.

35 ish out of boost, with minor compensation for tempatures. I also use a few degrees up and down for idle speed compensation since it doesn't have an IAC. Max load/rpm timing is 20 ish. Starting line timing is 40 ish on the brake to help it spool, with a few degrees coming out as boost comes on.

I'm very impressed by your car. Good job.

15. chevy..driver

Here's a quick in car video at light throttle.

[​IMG]#ad

And a pic of the whole car as it sits right now.

[​IMG]#ad

16. chevy..driver

Water tank
    [​IMG]#ad

PT3000
    [​IMG]#ad

17. Blue99Ws7

Good Job it looks good. :D

18. quick1320

great job looks great :2thumbs:

19. B4Ctom1

NEWS!

Via a series of text messages just before bedtime last night I got the following news.

He took it to a chassis dyno, the Land-Sea brand dyno we used to have at our shop which is now at another shop. At the rear wheels it made 1208hp and 1057tq corrected and well over 1000 even raw uncorrected at only 17psi.

The full blown racing powerglide transmission or maybe the converter is now toast so they stopped the dyno session while they were just making noise but still working. He is going to pull the trans and tear it and the converter down. He runs a Neal Chance converter and it dissembles so that you can fix it or internally inspect it. He may be able to do this tonight but not sure when the next trip back to the dyno will be.

I texted and asked if they "gave him any media" I could post, and if he is "going back". He said, "I may go back. No sheets, I will get them to send me some. It sounded great at 8500, smooth too really smooth."

20. B4Ctom1