1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Gigantic turbo, LS1'ish motor, custom kit, and a Nova

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by B4Ctom1, Jan 23, 2008.

1. ColtGT4g63

I am just curious what kind of metal / thickness you guys are using for the cross over section? As well as the headers. Thank you. BAD ASS car btw. :)

2. pokerface

Wow nice build what size downpipe is that? :angel:

3. Dave R

Damn Aaron. Looks like you're still having fun with the car. Sometimes I wish I never sold mine.

Good luck with it again this year.

Dave

4. huffer

:(..somehow I've missed this build... :bang:
    wicked setup!!
    :2thumbs:

5. Mattsv8_03

what drives the cable. i dont have a dry sump oil system. but this sounds a way better way than a big electric and still risk running out of fuel

6. Mattsv8_03

nevermind just called waterman. in ca. im going to try a belt drive pump with the pump up front.
    my truck only 60fts high 1.2s. so i think i can get away with it. my tank is in the back. anyone done this
    front belt drive and tank in back

7. reamo04

dont know if its been asked, hows that turbo spool on the 5.3?

8. turbofreek

its not a 5.3 its a 5.7 he bored it out to ls1 bore to make it a 5.7. and it spooled nicely according to the videos he posted. :2thumbs:

9. turbo_72nova

I love this car. Any updates? When will you bet in colorado or at bandimere again? I would love to see this car in person.

10. 65stang

That is Bad Ass

11. chevy..driver

Sorry I didn't see this. I was at Bandi on 2 May. The weather didn't hold out but I did manage an 8.58. I was number 1 qualifier in Ultimate Street, I drew a bye in round one and went an easy 8.82, then the rain hit. Next race is in Pueblo 19 Jun. Here are a couple pics from Sunday.

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

12. turbo_72nova

damn your car is movin. what race was that? same times in the quarter? are you launching that hard on the 10 bolt 8.5?

13. chevy..driver

Same 8.5 10 bolt that has been in the car since the 90's

14. turbomike88

15. BMF_Racing

Very cool what you have done with the 5.3 :chacha: --- Congrats & good luck! :2thumbs:

16. B4Ctom1

There are some listings in the thread about his crank rods and pistons, as well as the fact that I mistakenly said he had concrete in it even though he thoroughly explained earlier in the thread that it doesn't and why he didn't use any.

17. TURBOTURD

I was wondering what kinda of material was used to build the headers?? i was lookin to do schedule 10 manifolds and saw these headers and was just wondering if they were stainless or mild steel and what size they are

18. B4Ctom1

They are mild and coated. I argued with him that people online said they would never live very long. I guess that is the difference between internet knowledge and real life hands on reality.

19. nuckifuts

Killer build.

What are the 'wings' on the lower part of the quarter panel behind the tire for?

20. B4Ctom1

I think he formed them to catch superfluous rubber.