1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Getting warmer out

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by Drac0nic, Mar 9, 2015.

1. half-fast

I hear ya on the time thing, charged up the battery fired it up got it warm, huge burn out then put back into the garage.

2. BlownShovel

/\/\THIS/\/\:2thumbs:

3. Drac0nic

Can't blame you. I'm going to try and get some drive time in on mine any way I can. Thinking I may commute it a bit. Not plausible for everyone (It's going to be interesting the first few times, 70 miles round trip) but I'll see how it works out. Should at least upgrade my AAA membership first though. I will say I've already done a 70 mile round trip though, and that was with far less refining touches (fixed blade fan, sucky ignition curve) than I have now. Definitely not a car pushing low 10s either which should make it slightly more practical.

4. jaquetapus

I'm finally getting ready to start commuting in my pile of parts. Finishing up the little details. Found my tip-in bog and high/unstable idle problem were the same problem - ruptured vacuum diaphram in the distributor! Sucks cause the distributor is a newer reman one that only has maybe 10 hours of runtime on it. Oh well, Summit brand billet one on order. :)

5. Drac0nic

Vaccum leaks are a dog. I had a huge one on a couple intake runners I just resolved. Here's to hoping that it's a solution that lasts. Maybe I should start looking for a Performer for it.

I am already over 500 miles this year, totally stoked about it too. It may not be a show car but I bet I have driven it more in the last few months than some show cars get driven in years.

6. jaquetapus

You hit up any local events? I know Babe's has a cruise in on some weeknight.

7. Drac0nic

Funny you should ask, I did Dukes up in Oak Lawn last week and will probably do it next week and have done Babes a few times this year. Here's a pic of the Lemans sandwiched between two GTOs. It's kind of like a GTO, right?

41B39484-79D2-4A58-947B-666C8FEAC7F4_zpshk32wxud.jpg #ad

41B39484-79D2-4A58-947B-666C8FEAC7F4_zpshk32wxud.jpg #ad

8. flyinhillbilly

Kind of like a GTO, only faster.

9. Drac0nic

The only way it'd be faster is lightening due to rust. Slow as a pig right now and bound to stay that way short of a bit of tuning. Just not motivated to keep it in the garage for any extended period of time to make it have decent power. Tuning and an exhaust are about all I'm really feeling.

bridal-shoal