Gen 1 Lightning

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Briansshop, Mar 22, 2015.

By Briansshop on Mar 22, 2015 at 10:54 PM
  1. Briansshop

The Truck:

Motor is mostly stock 351w. Plan for AFRs and a cam later this year.

[​IMG]

The plan:

BW S366,.91 AR Housing
    BBK 1 5/8" shorties,2.5" hot side
    4" DP, steel in the motor compartment, alum back to the axle
    Vibrant Alum Muffler
    Precision Gate
    Turbosmart BOV
    Treadstone IC
    3" cold side

Aeromotive Phantom Flex pump in the rear tank
    Braided SS lines to Professional Products rails
    Holley 66 lbs/hr injectors
    Aeromotive regulator

Truck already has Holley HP on it,so tuning won't be a prob.

Some of the goodies:

[​IMG]

Got the IC mounted.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got a start on the hot side.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

V bands

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aeromotive pump mounted. Like this thing, looks like it'll work well.

[​IMG]

stillwater and 351w like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by Briansshop, Mar 22, 2015.

1. BlownShovel

sure does ha ha well done

2. MCA

Clean build!

Badass truck for sure, looks awesome... lol I have a 1995 Bronco that could use a similar treatment.

Dyno numbers yet?

3. Briansshop

^ Thanks. No dyno time on it. Looks like I'm going to take some gear out of it,3.55s or 3.73s, and hit the 1/4 mile dyno.

And for those that were wondering...I picked up a second set of M&H DRs! The ones that are on it are about done.

4. Nortex

Have you been able to get any times or power numbers?

5. Briansshop

I installed some 3.73s and hit the track. Ran 12.24/111mph twice. I think it would have done better with the 4.10s. Weight w/me was 4300lbs and 111mph puts the power at 465. I just added TFS 11Rs and a mild Lunati cam and it's making more power for sure. Will hit the track again sometime this summer.

I also lost the clutch on the TC,so I pulled the trans apart for a look see. Trans was in great shape but I went ahead and upgraded a just about everything in it I could. Hopefully I can't hurt it now.

Some of the hard parts:

[​IMG]

6. Nortex

Thanks for the update. That sounds like a great result minus the broken clutch. Keep us posted on future results.

7. Pro-SC

Very nice truck! I would have bought one of these new but they did not sell them in Canada. Was the truck already lowered when you bought it? I did have a 95 super cab with the windsor in it and loved that truck so much. I was looking at lowering it and found out it is not cheap to do it properly. Have you ever towed with the turbo installed? Any problems with heat sink towing? I have an 11 f150 with the 5.0 and was wanting to use the same turbo on it. I really like the coyote but it does lack a bit of low end power and would like to change that in the future. Gotta get my car done first though. Any updates?

8. Briansshop

^ Mark, truck was completely stock when I bought it. Have never towed with,have an F350 for that if needed.

I do have a some updates.

Sporting new wheels/tires. Wilwoods out back.

[​IMG]
      TFS R Box

[​IMG]

A bump steer kit to keep the tie rods from hitting the frame.

[​IMG]

9. Briansshop

Installing W/M

[​IMG]

And a bigger S472SX-E turbo

[​IMG]

10. Briansshop

Made one visit to the track and went 11.64/117. Think it had a little more in it, but felt the small turbo was about at it's limit.

MCA likes this.
    11. Briansshop

12. Briansshop

ProMeth nozzle assy.

[​IMG]

13. Drac0nic

I could see where you'd come to that conclusion.With an H/C/I setup on that it's time to bump the turbocharger size to go with it. For a stock to lightly modded engine it was a great fit, less so now.

14. Briansshop

I tried the boost at 13.5 psi but got into some detonation,so figured I'd hold off until the w/m and bigger turbo are on. I hope I don't miss the quick,low rpm spool of the S366, a lot of fun on the street.

15. Drac0nic

At what point did you see full boost? I have a T66 I'm wanting to shove on a Pontiac 350 that's not going to be too far from the power this made when it was stockish. I would think you'd be getting there very quickly, as in a restalled stock converter would be adequate.

16. Pro-SC

Very nice Brian. The pro meth stuff is very slick. That turbo should work great on that truck. I would keep the factory upper and lower manifolds, there value keeps increasing all the time but I would still keep them.

17. Briansshop

Here's a log shot of the 11 sec pass. 10psi in just over 1000rpms.

[​IMG]

Too late on the intake,Mark. Sold it. I hear ya though they do hold some value. I just figured I'd never go back it.

18. Briansshop

19. Drac0nic

Thanks for the post up of the turbo coming in, post a new one with the 72mm when you get there.

20. captaingriffin

Very nice work. Truck is beautiful!

bridal-shoal