1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Geardriven F-2 Procharger...Season's Over...11-15-09

Discussion in 'The Builds Board Hall of Fame Builds' started by jevans, Dec 3, 2006.

1. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-18-07

thanks hilly70, carb is a C&S Billet Aerosol 900 CFM w/ Pro Bowls

2. jevans

the water injection is new to me, from my understanding injecting the water through the impeller helps the atomization and the cooling effect with the heat of fuel. The nozzles were purchased through The Supercharger Store, talk with Terry or Bob.

3. nos81bu

that car is coming out killer..great job pleas :chacha: :2thumbs:e moew pics

4. gryphon68

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade... ADDED PICS 12-23-06

John, first, beautiful build, very nice work.

Second, have you been following the True Street contraversy on the OSCA Message board regarding rear floor pans?? Check out all the threads regarding Roy Taylor's car. Basically he posted some pics showing what was basically a double rail Outlaw chassis built over the stock rear frame rails (which the rules require). Enough people took issue that it was not in the "spirit of the rules" that they are coming back and telling him he has to run stock rear floor pans, including the spare tire tub which can only be minimally modified for the coil-overs.

I mention this because you are looking at the same class and it appears your spare tub is history. Frankly, I think they are over reacting, I would think a huge majority of MiniTubbed/Coil-Over/Fuel Cell Mustangs opt to replace the spare tub with a flat floor.

5. jevans

Re: Geardriven F-2 25.5 Chassis/Ladderbar Upgrade... ADDED PICS 12-23-06

thanks for the props on our current build

We've been following the message boards on OSCA and OSM, it seems that a few people didn't agree with the way Roy's car was being built. It does look like a car being built for Pro Street or Outlaw. I think OSCA is afraid that if they allow this kind of chassis for True Street that it may get out of hand and alot of current cars set-up for True Street may have to make some major changes to keep up. There's another True Street build on OSM that has kiiler chassis being built to run thier races. It seems that most cars being mini tubbed lose the spare tire tub in the process. I don't think the'll take issuse with this modification. We'll see how it out shakes out and hopefully won't have to make any changes........John

6. jevans

Jake, Scott : information of radiator fabricator: Motorsports Services 614-395-1711 Chuck Looper, sorry took so long to post.

7. gryphon68

With 25.5 being standard and more and more cars needing a 25.2 spec chassis its not surprising that owners are interested in putting the latest, greatest chassis behind the driver's cage, that way when they decide they want to step up to 10.5 Outlaw the chassis is more or less ready to go.

I think it would help a great deal if the rumors about dropping 25.5 down to 7.0 and slower were to happen. But if an owner decides he is close enough to needing a 25.2 cage under the current rules then you shouldn't be surprised when the rest of the chassis looks like a 6.50 car.

Good luck this year, I'm looking at possibly moving to Kentucky in a couple months so I'm trying to get a feel for what's going on in the racing scene in the area. My current project is early enough in the planning stage (at least chassis wise) that I have some flexibility.

8. jevans

We considered going to 25-2 when we started upgrading chassis, it seemed a little overkill trying to work around rear frame rails and meet the 25-2 spec. I think alot of guys are trying to look into the future and save some time and money to upgrade later. It does make a killer looking True Street car though. Should be interesting to see what kind of cars show up this year. Seems like every year guys are stepping up in True Street.

9. Jake

THANKS!! :2thumbs:

10. Brent Davis

jevans, DO NOT POST AGAIN UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO POST PICS OF THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!

LOL J/K. I find myself coming over to the builds section just to see if you've posted anymore pics, but to be disappointed :bang: :bah:. I'm sure I am not alone on this one :chacha:.

What's new?

11. jevans

I hear ya Brent, We've been jumping all around car trying to stay busy. Our hands are tied waiting on little things to move forward. I hate this part of the build :bang: ,should be able to get going soon. Thinking about tearin into orange car and working on some small things.

12. D. Murray

JE that Rad. is crazy. If that doesn't start a chain reaction nothing will. Gotta get back on the Rocket. Talk to you this weekend.

13. jevans

thanks David, Chuck did a great job on radiator, should work good with geardrive. I got your materials for motor and mid plates, got a few ideas on your profiles I'll run by you...John

14. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-24-07

disassembled front end to weld engine limiter tabs and front end travel limiter tabs, decided to shorten a-arms 1/2" to move front wheels in and allow additional adjustment.

AJE 1-1/2" Dropped Rack K-Member

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

AJE Double Adjustable A-Arms

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Racecraft 2" Drop Spindles

[​IMG]#ad

15. stangkid

Great build bro. :2thumbs:

16. foxstanggt

So what do engine limiters...limit?

btw, i have kept up with this thing from the first post and holy shit the work you have done, much respect.

17. jevans

thank stangkid

18. jevans

They eliminate flexing of motor/midplates.Thanks for the props,it's been alot of work so far but I've had a bunch of great people working together with me on this build.Thanks for the interest...John

19. jevans

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-28-07

mounted parachute and wheelie bars

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

20. Unatural

Re: GEARDRIVEN F-2 PROCHARGER ... Updated Pics 01-28-07

Damn that thing looks sexy!! :2thumbs: